Breaking News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fran143

Über Member
Very nice Norm.....but what did you do with your stabilisers?;)

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Well she's almost done, I've changed a number of items and added a number too, just need to get out and ride it now :bicycle:
standalone
standalone
standalone
standalone
standalone
standalone
standalone

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
"WOW" what a bike to ride :hyper: .. super smooth and can climb steep hills too (with my weak power plant legs) ... The double tap gear changes are simple getting used too (been using shimano on Allez) but the ride compared to the Allez, well the Boardman just out-performs it in every way. Brakes are vicious though :giggle: and stop with authority.

I now know I made the right choice in bike :thanks:

danger mouse

How do you think the Gatorskins will work on tracks, Keelmans Way, Wylam Wagon way, CTC etc

Nice bike and I am more and more attracted to it.

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
How do you think the Gatorskins will work on tracks, Keelmans Way, Wylam Wagon way, CTC etc

Nice bike and I am more and more attracted to it.
It's a brilliant bike DM and I'm more than pleased I bought it, don't worry about buying from Halfords, remember they're only a retailer that sell the bike, you don't have to use them again. You can always get it delivered to your house and not have Halfords touch it :thumbsup:

The Boardman makes a brilliant all rounder, it's quick on the roads, shifting doesn't take long to get used too, brakes once set up, stop with authority and can handle the rought stuff to (it was designed with that in mind) ... I looked at a number of bikes over a 10 month period and narrowed the choice down to two, the Boardman Team CX or the Genisis criox de fer, the Boardman won me over.

I shouldn't think the gatorskin will have any difficulty on any of the tracks, I've used them down the old wardley dilly lines to jarrow and back without a problem (cinder ash old railway line)

If you need to see the bike in the flesh, let me know, we'll arrange something :thumbsup:

danger mouse

Cheers mate. Good info. Im thinking about cycle to work scheme so might have to go in to Halfords:ohmy:

Just got a new set of gatorskins for curent bike so have yet to try them out on the road so helpful.

Thanks for the offer.

My eldest lives in Shields so next time I am going down I might give you a pm.

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
My bike is off the road :sad: after yesterdays nice ride out, I've checked over the bike this morning and it sounds like the BB30 is about to fail :cursing:

It's either going into EBC for checking or repair or I'll go and get the parts and do it myself.

Sigh!!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
How many miles Norman? Mine got to 500 before it really clicked... Had quite an exchange of emails with Boardman, but the end result was the same return to Halford for warranty repair or DIY.

What they did confirm in writing was Halford had been instructed to Check ALL CB bike with BB30 and re-grease (reading up on it I felt it was a sealed unit) Also he suggested that all CB Halfords stores should carry the BB30 bearing on the shelf. None of this I found to be true, took mine back and they re-greased it and it has held up for 800 miles.

Top Bottom