Bring on the pies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Did anyone see Top Gear last night? Steven Fry's six stone weight loss left him looking more than a little rough. I had similar aspirations for weight loss until last night. Now I'm happy to settle for whatever pies cross my path. :sad:

Facially, too much weight loss can leave a bloke looking gaunt and older in comparison with how you remember them. I had this impression of a friend who had lost 5 stone in about 6 months, going down to just over 10 stone. Having not seen him for a while, the difference was stark. A more filled-out face certainly looks younger IMO.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I think any weight loss should be linked to a training regime. Just not eating as much and losing weight will waste the body, surely, whereas training more with leave you toned?

Mr Pig

ComedyPilot said:
Just not eating as much and losing weight will waste the body, surely, whereas training more with leave you toned?

Makes sense. How do you exercise your face?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I thought he looked greyer, certainly (always hard to tell on a B/W telly)

Mr Pig, my Mum had a book at home, the sort of pamphlet that came with women's magazines in the thirties, and it had facial exercises to prevent double chins - stuff like pushing your lower jaw back and forth or opening and closing you mouth.

Then it gave you all sorts of dubious recipes for beauty creams using chemicals you probably can't buy any more!

Mr Pig

Bigtwin said:
I was watching with a friend who said "aids or cancer"?

Well he might have. Freddy Mercury's aids was only confirmed about three-hours before he died.

Bigtwin

Mr Pig said:
Well he might have. Freddy Mercury's aids was only confirmed about three-hours before he died.

There may have been a clue in his keen backing of the "Grinder" application for his japs Iphone...

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:
Ahhh bless! :ohmy:

I find it's perfectly ok, the only time it's a problem is those home decor shows where they unveil three apparently clashing cans or paint, but they all look the same shade of grey to me.

And when I go to my Mum's I'm always surprised by things like the colours of wallpaper in soaps and stuff...

Mr Pig

Bigtwin said:
There may have been a clue in his keen backing of the "Grinder" application for his japs Iphone...

I have no idea what that means, thankfully ;0)

For about five years I was without a TV at all, through choice. I'm still not convinced it's worth having. Almost everything that I found to do when I had no TV was better than watching TV.

Top Bottom