B'twin Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Yeah noticed that, the previous one I had from Aldi started falling apart! Pinched the rear inner tube putting the tyre on so need to go out for spares - hmmm, Saturday afternoon in a bike shop...:santa:

Have fun, don't come back with too much!

Typhon

Had a quick look on Google but August appears to be the most recent issue there's anything on line about although I don't know if they have a forum of their own. Otherwise the only thing I can suggest as it's the current edition you could nip into W. H. Smith and try not to look to furtive while you read the article. Alternatively you might have to buy a copy. Essentially the writer came up with 3 different upgrade packages varying in cost starting with wheels, tyres, seat, pedals and brake blocks which he thought made the most startling difference, especially the wheels and tyres. This cost him £327. The second upgrade package consisted of yet better wheels and tyres, new calipers (and brake blocks) different saddle and pedals this time costing £567. The third package was purely personal alterations such as (another) different seat, iPhone cover,mudguards, saddle bag, stem, frame protector, bottle cage and bar tape. I think he tried to change items that could have been done individually rather than large scale changes such as gears, the thinking being that if you wanted a 27 speed bike you'd have spent the extra on one in the first place rather than changing the cassette and whatever else was needed.

Anyway, tomorrow's Saturday so while the other half's in Tescos doing the shopping you can hang around the magazines and have a quick read

Thanks for that. It's interesting how much he's spent upgrading the bike in relation to how much it actually cost in the first place.

I'm still debating whether or not to upgrade mine or just save the money, ride the bike as it is all winter and then put that money to a carbon bike in the spring. My bike probably doesn't fit me perfectly, if I changed things like the saddle, stern etc it might feel better and if I change the wheels it'd probably be faster. But it doesn't cause me any aches or pains and although it could be faster that just makes the training harder and will make the 7-8kg carbon bike I get in the spring feel even faster!

zigzag

Veteran
i popped into decathlon two days ago to look around and saw rows and rows of triban3's hanging on the hooks (imagine meat factory). they were all sold and the shop guys would be packaging them for shipping. i spoke to the shop asst he said they shift about 100 triban3s per week and would sell even more if they had enough of the right sizes. with those volumes no wonder they can negotiate good prices with manufacturers, sell bikes at extraordinary price and still make profit!

redcard

Veteran
I've only seen 1 Triban in recent months. I think I've also seen just one Carrera TDF as well.

About 80% of the bikes I see are BSOs.

Fubar

Guru
you put spd pedals on now as well ?
cant believe the difference with being clipped on ! :bicycle:

Possibly mistaken identity with the OP, I got the SPD pedals put on in the shop when I first got the bike - had got used to them on my previous bike, wouldn't do without them now! Regards, Mark

Globalti

Legendary Member
View attachment 13808

Here's mine with new red-wall tyres - photo doesn't do it justice! Looks much cooler without me sitting on top of it mind...:laugh:

Nice but..... EEEEEK! That saddle angle! It must be throwing all your weight forwards onto your hands. You really ought to reset it so that it's a couple of degrees up at the nose, which will "cup" your sit bones and distribute your weight more evenly.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Nice but..... EEEEEK! That saddle angle! It must be throwing all your weight forwards onto your hands. You really ought to reset it so that it's a couple of degrees up at the nose, which will "cup" your sit bones and distribute your weight more evenly.

Also note the handlebar rotation, a bit odd!

Top Bottom