Can Tyson Fury win?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
We was going to show the fight at work, but not with Sky wanting £210!

I'm therefore relegated to just waiting for highlights to appear on YouTube.

joke isn't it..the fight may be a quick one too..

The Equality Act says it’s only unlawful discrimination if you’re treated unfairly because of certain reasons.

"Treated unfairly", where has anybody been treated unfairly?

Humour based on racial, ethnic, and regional stereotypes have formed a lot of British humour for a long time. Within the context of humour, then they're never intended to be xenophobic. It is your choice whether to be offended by stereotype humour.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Beeb now reporting some of the padding will be removed from beneath the canvas, so we are back on again.

Boxing reporter Mike Costello sees it as psychological victory for Fury.

Hip Priest

Veteran
"Treated unfairly", where has anybody been treated unfairly?

Humour based on racial, ethnic, and regional stereotypes have formed a lot of British humour for a long time. Within the context of humour, then they're never intended to be xenophobic. It is your choice whether to be offended by stereotype humour.

It's not a question of offence. If you and your friends want to crack racist jokes in the pub, then that's up to you. But this is a public forum, and there are rules.

Moderators

Legendary Member
Please could you stick to the topic and leave "jokes" about either of the two contestants out of it. If you carry on you will find yourself locked out of this thread.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
this is a difficult one to call, I'm not fan of Fury's boxing at times there seems to be very little skill or finesse but so far its been effective, I don't buy into the Klitschko is past it, 39 is not old for a heavyweight champion,

Fury complaining about the ring and his gloves is I believe a poor attempt at mind games, upsetting Klitschkos team hoping to have a knock on effect on Klitschko himself....

Klitschko stops Fury late round 9 or 10

Colours nailed firmly to the mast, well done.

I could only guess, but I do hope Fury at least gives Klitschko a good fight.

If he doesn't, Fury's antics in the build-up - coupled with a poor performance - could make him look like a clown.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd wager not many of us on here have ever boxed so have little real knowledge of the sport. That said, I did a little back in the day and was, frankly, crap at it, so who am I to judge the judging of others?

I'd wager not many of us on here have ever boxed so have little real knowledge of the sport. That said, I did a little back in the day and was, frankly, crap at it, so who am I to judge the judging of others?
I have never been a pro cyclist but I probably have more knowledge of that sport than many pro riders. Likewise with football.

Anyway, quite amusing to watch the bloke who got his arse handed to him on a plate my Mr Eyebrows jump about after the event with his arms in the air...valiant effort. Poor acting tho.

Top Bottom