Can Tyson Fury win?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There is but there are quite wide limits. For amateur boxing, which is what I know best, 12 to 20 mm of foam covered by canvas. USA use more. The type of foam is not specified.

Edit: WBO specify 1" of Ensolite.

The 5Live correspondent says he's held a bit of the removed foam which is 'well over an inch thick'.

Given there's still some under the canvas, the original thickness must have been more.

Apparently it's what Klitschko is used to.

The skulduggery outside a boxing ring is as fascinating as the fight inside it.

As an example, the promoter Frank Warren was shot in the chest as he got out of his Bentley in central London.

His former fighter, Terry Marsh, was charged but later found not guilty.

earlestownflya

i remember big john mcdermott,knocking fury all over the ring for 12 rounds and winning every round,only to lose the decision,it was one of the biggest injustices in boxing......anyway i can't stand the manc b*stard..i hope he gets stood on his head:okay:

After much deliberation as to possible outcomes, I have come to the point where I predict that Fury will be in a position to closely inspect the thickness of the canvas he was so concerned about between 12 and 18 minutes of the fight commencing. At best.

Drago

Legendary Member
I disagree some of those with the best knowledge of whatever sport have never played or participated in that sport....I've boxed in my youth and still enjoy losing to my punchbag on a regular occasion, but I'm more nowadays in to MMA....

You're disagreeing with me disagreeing with myself?

MarkF

Guru
We get this regularly now that very few interesting fights are to be had. :sad:

A manipulated match is made, you know straight away who'll win and it's not going to be worth watching. Then the all the bullshit and bluster starts, paid up ex-pros are trotted out to sell the fight and you start to buy the nonsense, doubt your own mind, think about splashing the £16 on a reet good tear up. Then the guy you first thought would easily win, does so.

If Fury wins I'll donate my favourite jersey to the first person to gloat.^_^

55c720852262d01b517c1907c82c47b9.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
We get this regularly now that very few interesting fights are to be had. :sad:

A manipulated match is made, you know straight away who'll win and it's not going to be worth watching. Then the all the bullshit and bluster starts, paid up ex-pros are trotted out to sell the fight and you start to buy the nonsense, doubt your own mind, think about splashing the £16 on a reet good tear up. Then the guy you first thought would easily win, does so.

If Fury wins I'll donate my favourite jersey to the first person to gloat.^_^

55c720852262d01b517c1907c82c47b9.jpg

nice jersey sir

This latest bout has me thinking "Jonathan Swift" - big person (ref) in a land of little people (boxers)

Levo-Lon

Guru
I grew up in Dogsthorpe..i know Gary,he lives around the corner..
Nigel Fairburn.. Dave Pierre Kev Sanders..lenny Glouster steve Plavech..and many more have had decent boxing careers..gary and guy from eye..and a lot of them have trained some good new fighters.

Top Bottom