Can you recommend me a cheap laptop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I can get one of these for £290

LINK

peanut

Mr Pig said:
Revue:

LINK

Graphics look limited.

if the laptop is to go on the bike surely that one would be too big and heavy ? its 15.4" screen and weighs a hefty 2.7kgs ;)

I would have thought a 8" or 10" max screen size would be more suitable for touring on a bike

peanut

Mr Pig said:
Did he say it had to go on a bike? I missed that. If he wants to watch videos, play music etc I thought maybe a palmtop would be too small.

My bad ....I thought a bike was mentioned somewhere which is why i suggested he might need this to carry your 17" laptop lol ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
DSC00197_000.jpg

Mr Pig

peanut said:
I'd wait another day or two ...it might go down another £100

;0) They don't hang around long. He's got another HP 1002 ea for £400 but I guarantee it'll be sold in a day or two.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Mr Pig, does he have anything in at <£300.00 at the moment? doesn't need to be small or light but a decent display & battery life would be an advantage.

Mr Pig

Panter said:
Mr Pig, does he have anything at £300 at the moment?

I'll ask. Battery life on cheap laptops often isn'tgreat but it varies a lot depending on the brand. We have a big Fujitsu Siemens that does well to last an hour! The HP ones he often gets are better and have nice displays.

Where do you live? Obviosly I'd have to post it to you if it's a distance and you'd have to deal with the manufacturer direct if any warentee issues came up.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks Mr Pig. We've found a Compaq something-or-other with 3gb RAM and a 160GB Hard drive with an AMD processor in Comets for £329.00.
Do you think he'd have anything better than that for the price?

Mr Pig

We got our daughter an HP laptop just after Christmas, sounds like similar spec to what you're looking at, and it turned out that the cheapest place to get it was the HP on-line shop! Nice little laptop and that was about £300.

Alex is working so still waiting to hear back from him. Sometimes he'll have lots available then none for a while, just depends. Our laptop was surplus from a business package. Guy had bought a bulk box of about 15 laptops and a couple were left over. I'm not wild about the Fuji/Siemens ones though, I think the HP/Compaq laptops out just now are nice.

The one you're looking at something like this?: LINK It's £360 but has a bigger hard drive.

Top Bottom