Canada - recommend me an area to go to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drummerbod

Thinking of going to Canada for the first time for a couple of weeks. Recommend me an area please. I will be going with family so cycling will only be a small part of the holiday.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Canada is a rather big country. Which area are you planning to visit?

My sister lives in Calgary and there are loads of things to see and do around there. Apparently. There are loads of lush places like the Rockies, Banff and... lakes and mountains and bears and sh!t.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

I think the point of the thread is to recommend an area, not tell him that Canada is big.

He's leaving it a bit late. He only has 2 weeks to decide. So he doesn't know which area. Which airport, or what he can expect to find?

if thats the case, then BC is probably the most beautiful part of Canada. Lakes, rivers, stunning views and wildlife in abundance.

welsh dragon

Apparently not.

I bet he'll be along soon to say "I cannae stand lakes, rivers, views or wildlife so don't tell me to go to BC" :laugh:

Your as helpful as I am then. :laugh:

However, if you go to Vancouver its worth noting that it is one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive city on the planet, so much money will be needed.

Brandane

Legendary Member
He's leaving it a bit late. He only has 2 weeks to decide. So he doesn't know which area. Which airport, or what he can expect to find?

if thats the case, then BC is probably the most beautiful part of Canada. Lakes, rivers, stunning views and wildlife in abundance.
He's going for a couple of weeks, not in a couple of weeks :okay:.
Seconded for BC.. Particularly the Rockies, Lake Louise and Banff (which might actually be in Alberta, I can't be ersed checking).

welsh dragon

Seconded for BC.. Particularly the Rockies, Lake Louise and Banff (which might actually be in Alberta, I can't be ersed checking).

I stand corrected oh mighty one :notworthy: :laugh:

ayceejay

Guru
Vancouver Island and all the smaller islands and a trip up the coast to Nanaimo. With the Canadian peso as it stands bringing Sterlinas over here would offer no problems for you - I recently did it the other way round and that was painful.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm going to Calgary in September and spending 10 days driving through the Rockies.
I've been before but only had a few days in the mountains.

Calgary is a nice city. Quite a few things to do...the Calgary Tower, Zoo etc.
I liked the heritage park and spent a whole day there
http://www.heritagepark.ca

Further out, but the kids would love it, the Badlands (I did!)
http://www.tyrrellmuseum.com/visit/directions.htm

This time I'm spending more time in the mountains and going to Banff etc and touring the hot pools :smile:

Top Bottom