Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Following on from the arran discussion thread here is more or less what has been decided for the 6th July :hyper:

Route Option 1
Brodick - south down coast to Lamlash - Ross Rd (Glen Scorradale) - follow coast road round south coast and back up to Brodick - String Rd - Machrie - North round coast and back to Brodick.

full.png

Route Option 2
Clockwise route round the coast.

full.png

My understanding of the ferry timetable is as follows:

Ardrossan dep 0945
Brodick Arrive 1040

So if we can all meet in Ardrossan harbour for around 0915 that will give us enough time to organise ourselfs for the 0945 crossing.

Providing on how long the cycle takes us we have the following return options
Brodick dep 1640 or 1920
I think ideally getting the 1640 ferry would be best especially for the people coming from the east

Ardrossan from Fife is roughly 70 miles and should take 1.5hrs so people coming from this area should really leave no later than 0745

The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides will apply:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:
Currently the list is as follows

1.Col5632
2.Edwardoka
3.Rasmus
4.Tug Benson
5.Jazloc
6.Edindave
7.Louch
8.Clockhammer
9.Fubar
10.GBC
11.The Cappuccino Kid

Maybe Attending
1.Fuzzball

If i have missed anything or got something wrong please let me know

Cheers

Col

Fubar

Guru
Nice one Col - as you know I am on the list and happy to participate in Option 2 admiring the scenery, enjoying the banter, and laughing at the thought of you lot killing yourselves...

Oh and cycling! Cheers, Mark

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Having double check the timetable we have another return option of 1800, which is prob the more likely one we will be on :thumbsup:

And we are meant to be park 30 mins before we depart

"Queue lanes situated on left hand side after car park entrance. Vehicle reservations required and check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure."

@Edwardoka will we need to pre-book the ferry or parking?

Fubar

Guru
Having double check the timetable we have another return option of 1800, which is prob the more likely one we will be on :thumbsup:

"Queue lanes situated on left hand side after car park entrance. Vehicle reservations required and check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure."

If we are not taking any vehicles I assume we will be ok - essentially just foot-passengers (with bikes!).

Your original post doesn't mention the 2 rides meeting at a cafe stop, was that the intention from the other thread? Be good if we could to compare rides!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
If we are not taking any vehicles I assume we will be ok - essentially just foot-passengers (with bikes!).

Your original post doesn't mention the 2 rides meeting at a cafe stop, was that the intention from the other thread? Be good if we could to compare rides!

Machrie Golf course was mentioned a few times as "the" place to stop, it can be found on the west side of the island not long after the string road :thumbsup:

http://www.machriebay.com/contactus.html

Fubar

Guru
Route 2 looks good!

Rest. Food. Train. Prepare.

Repeat.

zizou

Veteran

I dont think you can buy passenger tickets online you need to do it in person in the ticket office...30 minutes before departure should be fine although i like to be a little earlier just to be safe as it sometimes takes me longer than expected to get bike off car and all my kit sorted! The people with bikes go onto the ferry first (you go on the car deck before the cars). A useful little tip - if you do this bit quick you'll get a good place for your bike plus be able to race up the stairs and join the Q for breakfast before most of the foot passengers get on!

With the parking it is someone in a booth giving a ticket which you take and then pay on the way out. Never had to wait for long there.

Top Bottom