Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having double check the timetable we have another return option of 1800, which is prob the more likely one we will be on :thumbsup:

And we are meant to be park 30 mins before we depart

"Queue lanes situated on left hand side after car park entrance. Vehicle reservations required and check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure."

@Edwardoka will we need to pre-book the ferry or parking?
No to pre-booking ferry tickets. You just turn up, go to the ticket office, and board through the bow of the ferry. As someone said before me, cyclists get on first (or more usually, last, depending upon weather and/or the staff member in control of loading that day) through the bow of the ferry.

I have no idea whether you need to pre-book parking, unfortunately, as I don't drive. :-(

I've done Route 2 and it's great. Can't vouch for the Ross Road as I've never done it (always wanted to, though)
Shame neither route involves going down the String road West to East, as that's quite a special brand of torture.

Not sure which one to go for!

I'll likely stay in Ayr the night before as my folks have a caravan so those times suit me.
Ayr really isn't that close to Ardrossan. Is the caravan at Craig Tara? That's quite a ways outside of Ayr town centre. (Used to go there as a nipper when it was still Butlins...)

I presume you would be going for the Ayr->Kilwinning->Ardrossan train option?

D

Deleted member 20519

IMG_0978.PNG

edindave

Über Member

Don't worry if you forget, we'll just force feed you porridge all the way from Ardrossan to Brodick :laugh:

edindave

Über Member
Riders will arrive at the cafe in Machrie after appx 45km on Option 2 and 64km on Option 1.

Given the amount of climbing involved I wouldn't be surprised if Option 2 get there about an hour in front.

Let's hope they don't eat all the Banoffee pie :mrpig::stop:

Option 1 has two substantial passes to traverse while Option 2 has gentle rolling hills into a long flat section. The difference will likely be somewhat more than an hour...

Top Bottom