Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
A golf course that doesn't sell steak pie & a pint? :sad:

Tell me there's a McDonalds in Brodick at least! :ohmy:

D

Deleted member 20519

If anyone can't complete the ride, we can just stop off for some donuts, watch a movie and then finish the next day ;)

edindave

Über Member
It's no a nandos anymore, it's an apple shop (giruy edinburgh)

We do have greengrocers in Edinburgh you know :whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a great day - Arran is brilliant, and the sun always shines there :sun: (well it did for the three circumnavigations I have done so far ;) )

Be sure to visit Wooley's of Arran - the baker's in Brodick, they do fabulous buns (and very nice oatcakes if you want something healthier, which go down very well with the Arran cheeses - cheese factory worth a quick visit if you have time before getting back on the ferry)! Wooley's is just a few 100m along the seafront from the ferry terminal, in the direction of Brodick Castle (counter clockwise), and the cheese factory is more or less at the bottom of the String Road (eastern end), towards Brodick.

Unfortunately I can't make it, as I've got another cycling "appointment" on 6th July .. training as a British Cycling ride leader, and am told we'll be riding a grand total of 10-15 miles around Edinburgh :scratch: . I shall be on my best behaviour :angel:.

T

Have a great day - Arran is brilliant, and the sun always shines there :sun: (well it did for the three circumnavigations I have done so far ;) )

Be sure to visit Wooley's of Arran - the baker's in Brodick, they do fabulous buns (and very nice oatcakes if you want something healthier, which go down very well with the Arran cheeses - cheese factory worth a quick visit if you have time before getting back on the ferry)! Wooley's is just a few 100m along the seafront from the ferry terminal, in the direction of Brodick Castle (counter clockwise), and the cheese factory is more or less at the bottom of the String Road (eastern end), towards Brodick.

Unfortunately I can't make it, as I've got another cycling "appointment" on 6th July .. training as a British Cycling ride leader, and am told we'll be riding a grand total of 10-15 miles around Edinburgh :scratch: . I shall be on my best behaviour :angel:.

T
Oooooh.... a cakeshop! :hungry:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well after a terrible saturday on the bike, i'm tempted to change my mind to route 2, maybe feel better after a good day on the bike but saturday showed me im not ready for 'big' hilly miles just yet :heat:

edindave

Über Member
Well after a terrible saturday on the bike, i'm tempted to change my mind to route 2, maybe feel better after a good day on the bike but saturday showed me im not ready for 'big' hilly miles just yet :heat:

You'll be fine. It's a while off yet - just ride some more hills. It's all about pacing yourself and finding a comfortable rhythm. I looked at your Strava ride and reckon you just killed yourself on that climb in Dollar - gloom hill? - 0.8km at 15.3% ave, that would truly shred the legs and deplete your glycogen leaving you feeling wrecked for sure!

Top Bottom