CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
HJ said:
I think some of these people may have changed shape since last year

3395358183_930133707f_b.jpg

but then again, maybe not ;)

For those who missed it, the full story of last years ride is here

I think it was a wise move of me to take the picture, so I didn't have to be in it :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Wonder how TetedelaCourse is doing these days?

He was never allowed out much to play with us again after our first PfS ride when Mrs TdlC came along and didn't enjoy it much ;)

sleekitcollie

Halfmanhalfbike said:
I did the longer route last Sunday and it took just under 2 hours (2hrs 45min including getting to Linlithgow from Kirkliston and back again). Average 23.6km/hr

Oh silly me just re read and noticed avarage is in kph PHEWWW. I was getting a tad worried that I was way out that league .
Saying that I might still be .. Wots 23.6kph in real money . ;) .
Also where did all the CC shirts come from must put 1 on my list of cycle stuff to get .... Mmmmh it's a big list . Change of tyres and wee bike service top of list just now .
Think I'd prefer coffee n cake ( they have some nice ones at the bistro ) rather than full meal but if rest of u want meal I'll happly sit and drool ooops I mean wait with my coffee .
Ps what's the script if weather is bad . Will run still be on . I personally don't mind the rain .

themightyw

Hi folks, I'm still lurking and keeping a close eye on this thread! I'm not a definite yet, but I'm not a definitely not either ;)

If I do it then my plan is to drive to Leven then cycle from there over to Inverkeithing.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
joemaxi said:
Sorry mate, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I let them get the train.

One gets the train all the time, and never has any problems particularly, other than the occasional hiccup which could be matched by a traffic jam any day (and I get to sit back and read a book, get up and walk about, or get a drink or 3. All things you can't do in a car. Easily anyway!).

Or are your parents senile and likely to end up in Penzance via Thurso instead??

Actually, by Milton Keynes, I'm usually sozzled enough to blank it's awful blandness out, and then wobble up the platform on arrival at Euston as a result (whoever put ramps instead of steps at the entrance to the platforms and then escalators for the Tube was a genius! :laugh:).

Wait, I can't drink now, and the East Coast is currently a bit pish!! (especially since GNER stopped the franchise and the Buffet service was cut back so mere standard class plebs like me can't get a nice (but very expensive) meal in the Restaurant coach as a treat any more instead of eating a piece of cardboard coated in ...umm ...stuff that has been passed as a toastie). DAMN!!

JiMBR

Sorry guys...another one to cross off the list.

Something else has come up that I can't get out of. :tongue:

Hope to see you on the next outing.

Mad Doug Biker said:
One gets the train all the time, ...

MDB, I think the phrase YMMV is apt here. For example, compare my mum and my MIL, both in thier 80's.

Earlier this year my mum went on a holiday trip up the Amazon, including an overnight camp in the rainforest. My MIL on the other hand needs home help to come in 3 times a day to help her feed, go to the toilet, wash and take her drugs.

Just because you can manage a train journey, doesn't mean that everyone can.

joemaxi

Mad Doug Biker said:
One gets the train all the time, and never has any problems particularly, other than the occasional hiccup which could be matched by a traffic jam any day (and I get to sit back and read a book, get up and walk about, or get a drink or 3. All things you can't do in a car. Easily anyway!).

Or are your parents senile and likely to end up in Penzance via Thurso instead??

Actually, by Milton Keynes, I'm usually sozzled enough to blank it's awful blandness out, and then wobble up the platform on arrival at Euston as a result (whoever put ramps instead of steps at the entrance to the platforms and then escalators for the Tube was a genius! :smile:).

Wait, I can't drink now, and the East Coast is currently a bit pish!! (especially since GNER stopped the franchise and the Buffet service was cut back so mere standard class plebs like me can't get a nice (but very expensive) meal in the Restaurant coach as a treat any more instead of eating a piece of cardboard coated in ...umm ...stuff that has been passed as a toastie). DAMN!!

Are my parents senile?????

That's a bit harsh.

Just because you get the train doesn't mean that I'm going to let my 80 father,who has a stairlift fitted to help him get up the stairs to bed each night, endure climbing stairs to change platforms and try to use the toilet on a moving train and hold on to the seats to stop him from falling at the same time!

I don't think there are many people who would sit back and put their parents through that if they help.

Sorry for the rant but that really hacked me off!

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Another call off

Due to bike related accident and 6 hours in A&E on Wednesday night, I will have to call off from this weeks ride.

Sorry folks :smile:

Hope to be fit and out of plaster in 6 weeks.

Top Bottom