CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Hi Coco,

Commute home on Wednesday night and some kids suddenly appeared on the road causing me to brake, skid, over the handle bars hitting the road with head, thank God for helmets, breaking fall with hands and shoulders.

Resulting injuries are dislocated thumb, in plaster for 6 weeks, and severe bruising on shoulders and hips.

Lesson learnt, always wear a helmet, the cracks and dents prove that it could have been 100 times worse.

HM1910

sleekitcollie

That's not so good mate wishing u a speedy recovery . If u pm me ur addy I could bring a few beers or a nice red round some weekend to speed ur recovery on . R u off work as well

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Are we taking a 'piece' to eat at Blackness Castle ? If so, then the stop at park Bistro is more for a coffee/CAKE :tongue:/chat than a full meal - and can be a bit later - 1430 ?

Thanks Scoosh(ie), that looks about right to me :biggrin:, and 2 chat opportunities are good, what with all the old CCers to catch up with and new ones to get to know :biggrin:.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, JimBR and JoeMaxi - there will be other rides soon, hope to see you on one of those!

HonestMan :biggrin: hope it's not too painful, and that you recover quickly!
We could pop in on our way back from the ride if you feel like having a bit of company, it's on the way home for some of us :sad:. PM me if you fancy a visit from a wee CC Ecosse delegation?

Jane, are you still happy to do the booking at the Park Bistro for about 2:30? Another attempt at counting below:

-------
Date: Sunday 9th May
Time: 11:00
Route: Linlithgow - 2 options (longer or shorter, tbc on the day?)
Meeting Place: Tesco car park
Who:

SB
The lovely JS
TechMech
Telemark
HJ
scoosh
Halfmanhalfbike
sleekitcollie
Mad Doug Biker
scook94
bhoyjim
HLab (hangover permitting)
MightyW (i'd rate my chances of getting a 'pass' as fair to middling :o)
JimBr :sad:
HonestMan1910:sad:
joemaxi :sad:
Kfinlay :sad:
Coco :sad:
Touche :sad:
goo_mason :sad:
currystomper :sad:

Total 13 (of which 2 are currently "TBC")
-------

Hobgoblin

I counted 13 on your list which is not good. Luckily Hobgoblinette (my daughter) and I will come along!
We like the sound of the stop for CAKE :smile: .

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hobgoblin said:
I counted 13 on your list which is not good. Luckily Hobgoblinette (my daughter) and I will come along!
We like the sound of the stop for CAKE [:smile:] .

Yay - the list is growing again!
15 it is :smile:

Dare I mention it - there is a strange symbol on the various weather forecasts ... :sun:that + cakes :smile: + something for the thirst :biggrin: after all those hills :ohmy: = happy CCers :bicycle::tongue:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
joemaxi said:
That's a bit harsh.
!

Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was one of those 'I'm too posh to use the train' things - things like that really get to me!

I'm a D*ck at times (....actually, make that most of the time) and have such a great way with words, I know, so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything, I know.

Now, when is the ground next scheduled to open up in a swallowing motion??

joemaxi

Mad Doug Biker said:
Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was one of those 'I'm too posh to use the train' things - things like that really get to me!

I'm a D*ck at times (....actually, make that most of the time) and have such a great way with words, I know, so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything, I know.

Now, when is the ground next scheduled to open up in a swallowing motion??

No probs mate-I've done it myself!

It's already forgotten.........whatever it was.......:blush:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
I think it was a wise move of me to take the picture, so I didn't have to be in it :laugh:

OK, so we have to use this one
3395013915_2189836790.jpg

Or this one

3395012447_fe43846e32.jpg

:blush:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HonestMan1910 said:
Resulting injuries are dislocated thumb, in plaster for 6 weeks, and severe bruising on shoulders and hips.

Lesson learnt, always wear a helmet, the cracks and dents prove that it could have been 100 times worse
OUCH - BIG TIME :sad:. That sounds as unpleasant as it certainly is, so look after yourself, take care, go easy on the ;) and :cheers: and hope you haven't lost confidence/mojo.

We could pop in on our way back from the ride if you feel like having a bit of company, it's on the way home for some of us ;).
Now there's an idea :thumbsup: 15-strong hungry/thirsty CC Ecosse posse descends on the injured man - only to cheer him up, of course :cheers:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hobgoblin said:
We like the sound of the stop for CAKE [;)] ;) (minor correction, major impact :cheers:) .
Ah, you've come out of hiding/off the fence again :thumbsup:.
Look forward to seeing you 2 again :cheers:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Now there's an idea ;) 15-strong hungry/thirsty CC Ecosse posse descends on the injured man - only to cheer him up, of course :thumbsup:

:cheers: AFTER a visit to the Park Bistro (not before!) ... and possibly not all 15? :cheers:
Anyway, just a suggestion in case you are getting bored and want an audience who are happy to listen to cycling tales/woes and admire your bruises (and sign your plaster cast ;)).

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Hmmm .... reports of a dislocated thumb .... no other breaks ... we'll need very wee pens to sign the stookie ;)

There was something about "plaster off in 6 weeks" ... (post # 239)

T

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi I have phoned the PArk Bistro and booked the table/s for 3pm on Sunday, for approx 15 people, but they need to know as exact numbers as we can possibly give them. They could not do 2.30pm hope that this is ok ?

Top Bottom