CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:blush: Glad you had a good day out, really sad I wasn't up to it today, went for a gentle ride to the allotment in the afternoon for some fresh air and rhubarb, that was enough exercise...

Thanks for the stories and photos :ohmy: :biggrin:. Somebody needs to elaborate on the "blowout" - how/where did it happen? Hopefully not on a fast down hill :biggrin:.

Seeing as I missed out on this one, we need to organise another one soon ... I'll start a new thread :angry:

T

TechMech

That was a great day out guys, and good to catch up with friends old and new :angry:

Hobgoblin managed to sign the CC shirt back at the car, but I've still got it in my possession :blush: Who wants to take this next time and pass it on?

As BhoyJim said, "what a difference a year makes." I'm not ashamed to say (for those that don't know) that I walked up most of those hills the last time.

scook94

Veteran
Well I had a great day too, not as good as Bhoyjim, but I managed 66 miles today. All good prep for the Trossachs Ton!

As has been said, good to see the old faces again, and even better to meet some new ones, CC Eccose continues to grow which can only be good!

As TechMech says, what a difference a year makes. After hearing how "brutal" the climbs were I was quite pleased I didn't travel backwards as I used to do! Weight loss doesn't half help with hills!

Bumped into a couple of old Uni pals on their bikes on the way home at Letham Cottages, so was good to catch up with them too!

Had a well earned curry for tea and relaxing with a couple of beers before getting back on the diet wagon tomorrow.

Curses to Scoosh for making me think I could do the Ken Laidlaw, has put the notion in my head now! Bah!

Hobgoblin

Thanks to everyone on the ride to-day. Hobgoblinette and I enjoyed it very much (except the first couple of hills - phew). It was our first major outing of the year so it was nice to have good company and some good weather too :biggrin:.

The lunch stop at Blackness was very nice, apart from the disturbing noise. Was that the one o'clock gun? A bird scarer? A shotgun? ... No just a blowout! Lucky it was not on the road at the time. Reminds me of one I had when whizzing down into Aberfoyle; somehow my back tyre had come off the rim and the inner tube expanded out into a huge balloon which managed to go around the wheel twice before exploding.

Thanks again for an enjoyable day out :biggrin:.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm gutted to have missed this one, glad you all enjoyed it. I spent the day indoors, revising, doing mock-oral exams with colleagues who were kind enough to give their weekend time to help out and generally stuffing my face trying to eat away my disdain at being stuck in the office.

It sounds like it was a good one by all accounts. Can we make the next one sooner rather than later and on a day I can manage?! :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
I'm gutted to have missed this one, glad you all enjoyed it. I spent the day indoors, revising, doing mock-oral exams with colleagues who were kind enough to give their weekend time to help out and generally stuffing my face trying to eat away my disdain at being stuck in the office.

It sounds like it was a good one by all accounts. Can we make the next one sooner rather than later and on a day I can manage?! :biggrin:

Only if you pass! :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Nice vote of confidence! :biggrin:

LOL See my response elsewhere! :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
TechMech said:
That was a great day out guys, and good to catch up with friends old and new :sad:

Hobgoblin managed to sign the CC shirt back at the car, but I've still got it in my possession :sad: Who wants to take this next time and pass it on?

As BhoyJim said, "what a difference a year makes." I'm not ashamed to say (for those that don't know) that I walked up most of those hills the last time.
<cough, cough !> ... not quite what you were saying yesterday :biggrin:

Maybe take the joisey to Pitlochry and we'll see who could take it on ... Noodley ?? (if he's there, obviously :biggrin:)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
An additional mention must go to Jim McKomisky, from Revolutionary Bikes in Bo'ness, whom we met and chatted to before hunger overcame us at the Park Bistro. Also to the lovely Pinarello :biggrin: and its lady owner [no smilie- there's trouble there :biggrin:] - but she is equally lovely :sad: [whew, relieved smilie]

Jim promised he would give a discount to CC folk :sad:

sleekitcollie

scoosh said:
An additional mention must go to Jim McKomisky, from Revolutionary Bikes in Bo'ness, whom we met and chatted to before hunger overcame us at the Park Bistro. Also to the lovely Pinarello :evil: and its lady owner [no smilie- there's trouble there :biggrin:] - but she is equally lovely :biggrin: [whew, relieved smilie]

Jim promised he would give a discount to CC folk :smile:
and a good coffee :biggrin:

Top Bottom