Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think there might have been steps around Dunkeld station :scratch: - but Team CC Ecosse will carry your trike (and you, if required :ohmy:) down them, I'm pretty sure. :thumbsup:

yep there are. there is also a short section of road from the station iirc leading down to the quiet road that the NCR route is on and so you can avoid them... maybe... imsmc..
there are some steps around Dunkeld station, but they are easily avoided...and would be downhill in the direction we would be going in - or have they taken them out now?

Team CC Ecosse won't be going near Dunkeld, Team Easterling Feeder Ride might, however :whistle:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Heard back from Callendar Hostel who have availability for the Thursday, details as follows:

Thank you very much for your email regarding accommodation with us at Callander Hostel on Thursday 13th August 2015.

Our hostel now comprises of 5 en-suite rooms. 2 x 8 bed dormitory room, 1 x 6 bed dormitory rooms, 1 x twin or double room and 1 x family room which sleeps 4 guests. All our rooms have recently been refurbished to a high standard and all our bunk beds come fitted with the latest technology including a utility board with reading light, plug socket and usb charging facilities.
If its self-catering you are looking for then our fully equipped kitchen is available or if you wish to relax then we have an on-site café serving food from 8 am.
Our newly landscape garden complete with barbecue area, seating and children’s play area, making it the perfect area to sit, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery which surrounds the hostel. The view of Ben Ledi is the best.
We do have on-site parking available and we would be able to store bikes overnight if required. The cost of your stay would be £21.50 per person in a dormitory room or £65 in the twin room and £100 for the family room.

@Pat "5mph" @flyingfifi @KatyO can you let me know whether you are happy sharing the family room with Junior Fu (Maddie) as a 4-some at the cost of £25 each?

Chaps if everyone is agreeable I'll book us an 8-bed dorm at £21.50 each - @Scoosh are you joining us everywhere except Pitlochry?

flyingfifi

Über Member
Heard back from Callendar Hostel who have availability for the Thursday, details as follows:

Thank you very much for your email regarding accommodation with us at Callander Hostel on Thursday 13th August 2015.

Our hostel now comprises of 5 en-suite rooms. 2 x 8 bed dormitory room, 1 x 6 bed dormitory rooms, 1 x twin or double room and 1 x family room which sleeps 4 guests. All our rooms have recently been refurbished to a high standard and all our bunk beds come fitted with the latest technology including a utility board with reading light, plug socket and usb charging facilities.
If its self-catering you are looking for then our fully equipped kitchen is available or if you wish to relax then we have an on-site café serving food from 8 am.
Our newly landscape garden complete with barbecue area, seating and children’s play area, making it the perfect area to sit, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery which surrounds the hostel. The view of Ben Ledi is the best.
We do have on-site parking available and we would be able to store bikes overnight if required. The cost of your stay would be £21.50 per person in a dormitory room or £65 in the twin room and £100 for the family room.

@Pat "5mph" @flyingfifi @KatyO can you let me know whether you are happy sharing the family room with Junior Fu (Maddie) as a 4-some at the cost of £25 each?

Chaps if everyone is agreeable I'll book us an 8-bed dorm at £21.50 each - @Scoosh are you joining us everywhere except Pitlochry?
Im fine with that as I said we are cycling from Glasgow on that day :bicycle:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Hi, quick update - I got the following email today from SYHA:

Unfortunately the Pitlochry Hostel has a private hire booked in on the 14th of August – and is unavailable for individual bookings. The 15th is looking fine (if you can change your dates at all)

Inverness on the 16th of August is fine and the hostel have accommodation at the time of writing which would suit your group

I've contacted another place in Pitlochry for the 14th so will see what they say - I'm away this weekend until Monday night so will catch up with any updates hopefully Tuesday. In the meantime if people can keep letting me know if they are:

A) Fine with the plan as it is and happy to go with whatever
or
B) fed up with the whole thing, wished they'd never mentioned it and want me to please just go away

That'd be great! ;)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Hi! Another quick update - I got a very quick response from Pitlochry Backpackers Hostel, with room options as follows:

• 1 x 4 Bed Dormitory (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 4 Bed Dormitories (with private bathroom) @ £20.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 5 Bed Dormitories (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 3 x 6 Bed Dormitories (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 6 Bed Dormitories (with private bathroom) @ £19.50 per person, per night
  • 6 x Double Rooms (with private bathrooms) @ £52.50 per room, per night
  • 4 x Twin Rooms (with private bathrooms) @ £52.50 per room, per night
  • 1 x Twin Room (no private bathroom) @ £47.50 per room, per night
  • 1 x Triple/Family Room @ £75.00 per room, per night
I would assume therefore the ladies would be delighted with a 4-bed dorm & private bathroom @ £20.50 per night?

Gents, if there is 7 of us (me, @mcshroom @DougieAB @Harry_Palmer79 @Somebuddy @Edwardoka and @mikeee) how do we divide the rooms up - 2x4 bed dorms and take our chances with the spare bed, OR a 5-bed dorm and a twin room? Anyone fussed about a private bathroom??

The only disadvantage about this hostel is they take the first nights' payment up front as a deposit, which would be the full amount for that night therefore if I booked it I'd need to know people were committed to coming on the tour which I think the general consensus is we all are??

@Pat "5mph" could you rally @KatyO please?

flyingfifi

Über Member
Hi! Another quick update - I got a very quick response from Pitlochry Backpackers Hostel, with room options as follows:

• 1 x 4 Bed Dormitory (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 4 Bed Dormitories (with private bathroom) @ £20.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 5 Bed Dormitories (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 3 x 6 Bed Dormitories (no private bathroom) @ £18.50 per person, per night
  • 2 x 6 Bed Dormitories (with private bathroom) @ £19.50 per person, per night
  • 6 x Double Rooms (with private bathrooms) @ £52.50 per room, per night
  • 4 x Twin Rooms (with private bathrooms) @ £52.50 per room, per night
  • 1 x Twin Room (no private bathroom) @ £47.50 per room, per night
  • 1 x Triple/Family Room @ £75.00 per room, per night
I would assume therefore the ladies would be delighted with a 4-bed dorm & private bathroom @ £20.50 per night?

Gents, if there is 7 of us (me, @mcshroom @DougieAB @Harry_Palmer79 @Somebuddy @Edwardoka and @mikeee) how do we divide the rooms up - 2x4 bed dorms and take our chances with the spare bed, OR a 5-bed dorm and a twin room? Anyone fussed about a private bathroom??

The only disadvantage about this hostel is they take the first nights' payment up front as a deposit, which would be the full amount for that night therefore if I booked it I'd need to know people were committed to coming on the tour which I think the general consensus is we all are??

@Pat "5mph" could you rally @KatyO please?
Happy with that :notworthy:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I am happy with whatever :smile:
Don't know why Katy went awol, I'm on double shifts at the moment, no time to see anybody :sad: will text her tomorrow, 'cause just now would be antisocial :laugh:
Thank you Mark for everything :smooch:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I am happy with whatever :smile:
Don't know why Katy went awol, I'm on double shifts at the moment, no time to see anybody :sad: will text her tomorrow, 'cause just now would be antisocial :laugh:
Thank you Mark for everything :smooch:

No worries, I'm away this weekend anyway - TBF I think even if I book and pay on the basis of the numbers I have it will only change by one or two, barring disasters, the apocalypse, etc. (thinking like Ed!)

Thanks all for your patience and understanding, hopefully get it all finalised in the next week or so!

Top Bottom