CC Ecosse mince pie & stollen ride (RV ride#3)

Which date? (I reserve the right to make the final decision ;-)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Foggy here in Stirling too! I must admit never having tried stollen and I am really looking forward to it!
2.gif

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The forecast for tomorrow is "misty" rather than fog, which is what we have had for the last two days...

MajorMantra

Telemark said:
Feel free to swing by, say hello, grab a pie or two for eating back at your desk, no need to stay out of "politeness" to the old folk :becool: ...

Hope the revision is going well!

T

That's very kind of you Telemark, thank you. I may pop by if I have a moment.

Failing that, a very happy Christmas to you all once more. :biggrin:

Matthew

Jane Smart

The Queen
Just been outside for an early morning weather check, I cannot see the houses across the road the fog is sooooo thick and there is a rather heavy frost too, I could not lift the black bin lid, it was stuck down with the ice :becool:

We have time yet though, to see how the weather is going to improve, but it needs to make a drastic improvement to cycle in that I am afraid :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
Frosty here too but not so bad with the fog. I'd need to set off by about 09:30, so if you want to call off (Jane) then please let me know before then. :becool:

Jane Smart

The Queen
scook94 said:
Frosty here too but not so bad with the fog. I'd need to set off by about 09:30, so if you want to call off (Jane) then please let me know before then. :biggrin:

Ok I have a bit of time yet, to see how the weather pans out, but if it is still like this a wee bit later on then Wuss here will call off, I am not confident in the fog or frost I am sorry :becool:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Just been outside again, the frost is pretty bad, I went out a week past Friday in conditions not as bad as this and was terrified, I did ten miles, only to be glad to be back on home soil again. I think Scook, I am going to pull out of this one, I am so so dissapointed, I was so looking forward to going. I think, Scoosh ( ie;) ) may feel the same, as the day I am talking about, is the same day he had his mishap :becool:

It is the frost and black ice that scares me, not the fog :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
No problem Jane, can't say I blame you.

I'll wait to see what Scoosh says, if the ice isn't going to clear then I'll be out too.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi guys,

clear here in Edinburgh, we can see Arthur's Seat for the first time in days! :becool:

There is a bit of frost outside, but the gritters have been busy in Edinburgh at least, so if you can make it to the outskirts by SOME means of transport and then cycle on the roads there really shouldn't be much of a problem. I can see quite a few cyclists outside, heading of for laps of Arthur's or somewhere in that direction.

Scook, you know the way to Scoosh's place, why not cycle from there if you don't want to go the whole way across the FRB? (and pick up Jane on the way?)

Hope to see you ....

T

P.S. The road where Scoosh had his off is a very minor road that definitely wouldn't have been a priority for gritting ...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
'sicy in the 'burbs of Embra too :rofl: - and I'm almost at sea level - though not as much mistyfog as yesterday.

I'm like Jane (now there's an expression I never thought I'd write :becool:) on this - one ride/fall on ice is more than enough.

My timing had been to leave by 1000 to ride over the FRB but I don't think the cyclepaths nor the foreshore to Cramond will be clear of frost by then.:blush:
I'm not going to chance it.

"I'm out."

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
'sicy in the 'burbs of Embra too :sad: - and I'm almost at sea level - though not as much mistyfog as yesterday.

I'm like Jane (now there's an expression I never thought I'd write :becool:) on this - one ride/fall on ice is more than enough.

My timing had been to leave by 1000 to ride over the FRB but I don't think the cyclepaths nor the foreshore to Cramond will be clear of frost by then.:sad:

"I'm out."

out completely or out of the FRB bit? :blush::sad:
The Ed roads will not be a problem for getting across town :rofl:

HJ is looking out the window - lots of cyclists going past in both directions, he'll be off to Princes Street on his steed in a little while.

T

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
'sicy in the 'burbs of Embra too :rofl: - and I'm almost at sea level - though not as much mistyfog as yesterday.

My timing had been to leave by 1000 to ride over the FRB but I don't think the cyclepaths nor the foreshore to Cramond will be clear of frost by then.:blush:

"I'm out."

That makes my decision easy too then, I'll not be cycling today.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
agree, it will hopefully be fine by mid-day.

If those planning to cycle from outside Edinburgh (FRB etc) are worried about ice, there is of course also Plan B ...
You COULD get yourselves closer to Edinburgh by train or car (and somebody giving Jane a lift :becool:!), and cycle into town on B roads that would have been gritted. Or perhaps Scoosh could offer some parking spaces at his place, which would still leave you with a few miles to cycle. [There are also the options of public transport all the way:ohmy:, or parking for c**s :biggrin::ohmy: around Newington is free on Sundays.]

There should be plenty of time to get in touch with each other tomorrow morning for putting Plan B into action if necessary.

I'll get the baking under way anyway and hope that as many of you as possible of you manage to turn up safely, one way or another!

T
SO if anyone wishes to bring cars and park chez Scoosh, just follow Scook94 - or let me know and I can send you a PM with the adress and postcode.

Meet here at 1230 for a gentle ride to HJ/T's flat - route to be determined at that time, ice dependent ??

Who is in for this ???

Can't type as fsat as Telemark

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
SO if anyone wishes to bring cars and park chez Scoosh, just follow Scook94 - or let me know and I can send you a PM with the adress and postcode.

Meet here at 1230 for a gentle ride to HJ/T's flat - route to be determined at that time, ice dependent ??

Who is in for this ???

Yup, count me in. :becool:

EDIT: Err, maybe I spoke too soon! Alternatively I may swing by Dunfermline and Jane and I will be coming in by car, not sure if that's allowed on a "CC Rendezvous ride"?

Top Bottom