CC Ecosse mince pie & stollen ride (RV ride#3)

Which date? (I reserve the right to make the final decision ;-)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need to pick up a photo for my university matriculation card, so I've got to swing by the flat anyway. The digi thermometer is hovering around the -0.4 - -0.8 deg (rising and falling!) so I think I going to have to wimp out from the cycle from Dunfie. Drive over to the flat and cycle from there.

scoosh said:
In your case, that's probably 25cc ! :cheers:
37cc :laugh:

r0bbti

Hi, sorry, but I will pass as well.Worried about the ice - it is still freezing here.And was at the office party last night, so not 100% today. Actually, not even 20% today, ha ha. Hope to meet up with you all some other time though.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
r0bbti said:
Hi, sorry, but I will pass as well.Worried about the ice - it is still freezing here.And was at the office party last night, so not 100% today. Actually, not even 20% today, ha ha. Hope to meet up with you all some other time though.
Aye, I think you are wise not to risk cycling .... BUT ... remember
It's CC Ecosse RV Ride Rules, ammended by the Austrian Ice Principle and the First Smart Conundrum :biggrin:, allowed in December.
The first states that: "Someone has to eat the soup" ......

... and the second: "If you can't see the other side of the street, how do you know if there is frost here ?"

So you can still please do come along, dressed for cycling :cheers: (though this is not the Lycra thread [RIP]:smile:) and EAT :laugh:

Jane Smart

The Queen
So glad I made the decision to take the very kind lift offered by Scook and not cycle, I just went out in the car to tesco, the fog is freezing and it took me an age to defrost my car :laugh:

Jane Smart said:
So glad I made the decision to take the very kind lift offered by Scook and not cycle, I just went out in the car to tesco, the fog is freezing and it took me an age to defrost my car :laugh:
The temps are above freezing now but I think everybody is right not to risk it. With the +ve temps it looks good for the cycle from Trinity/ Granton however. That reminds me I better start defrosting the car, I've not done that for a while.

gavintc

Guru
I was going out with some folk from ERC this morning, but it was called off, apparently there is ice on the roads up toward Balerno. So, having cleaned the bike for the last hour, I am going to spend an hour listening to Italian lessons on the turbo. We might venture out this afternoon.

Jane Smart

The Queen
gavintc said:
I was going out with some folk from ERC this morning, but it was called off, apparently there is ice on the roads up toward Balerno. So, having cleaned the bike for the last hour, I am going to spend an hour listening to Italian lessons on the turbo. We might venture out this afternoon.

buono :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
Aye, Balerno is high country around here and gets ice/snow much earlier than we do down in Trinity.

Are you still coming for the feed ?? Your Hostess needs you :laugh:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Have fun all.

Little Miss Mason is still sitting in her jammies rattling away on her laptop, and I'm wishing I could be out on my bike and then finishing the afternoon off with good company & fine stollen!

Ah, aren't kids wonderful? :laugh:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Well a HUGE thank you to Telemark for the absolutely delicious mince pies and stollen and tea :smile: Thank you also to HJ

What a lovely afternoon it was. Scook gave me a lift as it really was not ( well not for me anyway ) cycling weather. Nice to meet up with everyone.

I will do a "Summer" BBQ next year for a RV so that is something ( I hope ) for you all to look forward to :smile::ohmy::sad:

ACS

Legendary Member
My apologies for not making it. My daughter and family have come over from Northern Ireland to stay so guess who got nominated as lead babysitter. New age Grand-dad thats me!

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
Well a HUGE thank you to Telemark for the absolutely delicious mince pies and stollen and tea :biggrin: Thank you also to HJ

What a lovely afternoon it was. Scook gave me a lift as it really was not ( well not for me anyway ) cycling weather. Nice to meet up with everyone.

I will do a "Summer" BBQ next year for a RV so that is something ( I hope ) for you all to look forward to :biggrin::biggrin::sad:

Jane, your Christmas card is the best we've had in many years (and thank you very much also for the Poinsettia! You shouldn't have ...)

Glad you made it across the Forth, thanks to Scook :biggrin:

Looking forward to many more outings with CC Ecosse - the BBQ sounds like an excellent idea :tongue: ... going out for a ride round the Kingdom followed by a warm summer evening BBQing, sunset at 10pm ... only a few months of winter (and skiing :thumbsup:) to get out of the way first :smile:.

T

Top Bottom