CC Ecosse (West) RV ride Sat 13th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

As i'll be out this way on Saturday, how about an RV ride meeting the Junction Cafe in Lochwinnoch? Time: 12.15 - 1pm. Date : Sat 13th March.

Its about 20 miles from Glasgow City Centre and offers a selection of routes from all directions. There are both on-road and NCN cyclepath routes available. If you are driving to the West, then there are plenty of places along the route to park eg. Braehead Xscape. There is also a train station at Lochwinnoch.

I will probably be setting off from Braehead Xscape at approx 10.15am - not sure yet which route i'm taking. Last time i took a pretty hilly route with Viniga up to Kilmalcolm then down to Lochwinnoch and back via Kilbarchan - nice route but not easy. Some poor road surfaces here and there. Looking to return to Braehead by 3pm.

Braehead Xscape can be reached by bike from the city centre by using the Clydeside cycle path and then crossing via the Renfrew Ferry.

JiMBR

I'm just along the road in Partick, and I missed the last ride out so I'd be up for this one.

I fear that I may slow you down though. :wacko:

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Coco

Won't have a lot of time this weekend, but will try to get along just for the eating bit :tongue:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
oh noo! I just realised that Sat is a strike day on Scotrail!

They are promising the rugby supporters a good train service (where?), but what does that mean for the rest of the trains? And I suppose the trains from Glasgow to Edinburgh in the afternoon will be packed with burly blokes :biggrin: [or should that be :evil:] ... with no space for bikes :sad:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Humm, will have to work out if I can get back in time to see the rugby...
Mebbe Yes if Calcutta Cup, probably no if Ireland/Wales also ....

.... but we could always do an East coast ride - Liligow again ?? 1130-1200 @ Park Bistro ?

If you fancy this, how about starting a new thread ?

jann71

Veteran
Still a lot of ice on the cycle track but most of the roads are fine.

2b8y7a.jpg

Coco

That's a lot better than Saturday. And this should help too.

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Telemark said:
oh noo! I just realised that Sat is a strike day on Scotrail!

They are promising the rugby supporters a good train service (where?), but what does that mean for the rest of the trains? And I suppose the trains from Glasgow to Edinburgh in the afternoon will be packed with burly blokes :sad: [or should that be :birthday:] ... with no space for bikes :smile:

T

I hadn't realised about the strike - that will make things difficult. I think the wooden spooners kick off at 5pm, so any trains that run will be busy. Maybe next time....

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
I hadn't realised about the strike - that will make things difficult. I think the wooden spooners kick off at 5pm, so any trains that run will be busy. Maybe next time....

Yes, I am afraid I am not risking having to cycle back from Lochwinnoch after the RV ... DEFINITELY not fit enough for that :sad: (yet ;))

Have fun the Westies!

T

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Jim, My plan is to leave from Braehead Xscape at 10.15am approx following the route i outlined and aiming to be at the cafe by 12.15 and then away again by 1.15 to get back.

I can't compromise much on the timings as i need to be in the city centre by the back of 3 o clock.

What we could maybe do is to see how we're doing at Houston in terms of keeping up (i'm not talking electric pace here but a good steady pace) and then split and follow a shorter route to the cafe if anyone needs to? It's pretty flat out to Houston with maybe a bit of a headwind predicted - it's just after there that the hills begin - but i think i've removed the worst of them from the route.

I'll PM you my mobile no

Not sure what Coco is planning (apart from cake!)

Top Bottom