CC Ecosse (West) RV ride Sat 13th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coco

Seamab said:
Not sure what Coco is planning (apart from cake!)

Is there more to life than cake?

I've not got a lot of time tomorrow so might have to just meet you at the cafe (and maybe even without the bike :laugh: .

JimBR, do you know the route you are taking tomorrow? (If not don't ask me :biggrin: )
If you want to cut out a bit of the route, you can turn off at Moss road at Linwood. There are signs saying its closed to traffic, but that's only for cars. It'll take you onto the cycle path at Linwood and then its an easy 20-30 minutes to Lochwinnoch. If I'm cycling I'll probably start at some point on the cycle path so could meet you there.

cheers

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Coco said:
If you want to cut out a bit of the route, you can turn off at Moss road at Linwood. There are signs saying its closed to traffic, but that's only for cars. It'll take you onto the cycle path at Linwood and then its an easy 20-30 minutes to Lochwinnoch. If I'm cycling I'll probably start at some point on the cycle path so could meet you there.

"just take this shortcut..." :biggrin: the perfect recipe for getting lost if you ask me :laugh:. You are clearly trying to get to the cake before JimBR by being exceedingly helpful :biggrin:

Have fun Westies, I'll be joining the Easties for a train-free RV ride - see you next time!

T

Coco

We got lost last time when I didn't take the shortcut :biggrin:

I'll need to pull on two pairs of thermals and head East sometime.
Lambing season is good for me.

viniga

Guru
Sorry guys, can't make it today - got to go to Door World instead. Lucky that as second to cycling I love doors... :biggrin::laugh:

Will be out tomorrow though heading to Falkirk via Crow Road and the Carron resevoir, I love hills ;)

Enjoy the RV - can I recommend the cranberry oat bar - nice.

V

Coco

Sorry I couldn't make it today - had to get a passport photo for an 83 year, hard of hearing woman (my mother). Such fun. Wish I'd gone to Door World instead ;)

Looks like the weather was good for you guys. Let us know how you got on.

JiMBR

It was a good run today and the weather was good.

Thanks to Seamab for showing me the way...I'd never have been able to get there on my own.

Things I've learned from todays outing...

1. Hills are not my friend
2. Seamab had the patience of a saint (see point 1)
3. The food at The Junction Cafe is very tasty.

Looking forward to the next outing...my muscles should be bike ready again in a few weeks! ;)

OP
OP
S

Seamab

JimBR, here's a link to the route http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26952076

Turned out to be 43miles with the slight (ahem) detour from Linwood to Houston on the way back. Not quite a shortcut! Almost 2000ft of elevation, so well done. Hope you're not too tired today - a few of those hills are of the challenging variety.

It was a nice run with some lovely views across the Clyde to Dumbarton Rock and the snow capped hills beyond.

I'll probably not be out that way again until after the Easter school holidays but will try and arrange another ride then.

The coffee and flapjack were tasty. Thanks for the company.

Top Bottom