CC Manchester/Cheshire FIXED Ride (or any bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a_n_t

Sh4rkyBloke said:
last time I left the lads near Tatton Park . Didn't seem much point in going back to Stockport to come back West again.

I'll be branching off at some point and heading in a Hale/altrincham type direction.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
john4537 said:
Go on fossy, you know you want too:smile:

As I have never seen it before though, I am up for the diversion too jus' to see where it is:becool:

Not on Fixed.....:bravo: It's not a massively steep hill, but the cobbles are a tad tricky - it's a great test of bike skills getting up it, especially when wet. It's even greater fun in a group....not.....

We stopped last time, and it was a ....'no flippin chance' - the light drizzle put us off.

It's good to know where it is..... just for that 'test' - I pointed a colleague to it about a year ago - he didn't get up first time as he hadn't ridden it before, but second time he did.... :hungry:

As for pealing off, you can either split near Knutsford, or, where might be better is Wilmslow and head back towards Wythenshawe....

Tharg2007

Veteran
oh, got back and found my rear smart 1/2 watt light was partially missing, just the back bit left :ohmy:
Anyone finds it let me know :blush:, i guess now I will have to get another and might as well buy some other stuff while im at it, to save on postage of course :biggrin:

john4537

A great ride out. Absolutely enjoyed it too.

Too knackerd to clean my bike tho, having no front mudguard on and it looks like I had been cyclo crossing. ANTs bike looked like it had never been out! almost spotless.

Lookin forward to seein some photos that were taken. Great to see some of you from the forum. Now a hot bath and a kip is in order.

potsy

Rambler
john4537 said:
A great ride out. Absolutely enjoyed it too.

Too knackerd to clean my bike tho, having no front mudguard on and it looks like I had been cyclo crossing. ANTs bike looked like it had never been out! almost spotless.

Lookin forward to seein some photos that were taken. Great to see some of you from the forum. Now a hot bath and a kip is in order.
Me too john,really enjoyed it but might not move from the couch for the rest of the night now,certainly no energy to clean the bike:smile:
Good to meet all the guys from here,real friendly bunch.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Potsy - sorry if we left you when we split off from the main group to head back to Sale/Urmston... got a bit down the road before we realised you could have come to get back home with us that way.

Enjoyable ride, and the weather held out nicely.

Just a pity we had to stick with the bikes at Jodrell... what with those gangs of 5/6 year old runing amok pulling bikes over... oh, hang on, we were the only people there for most of the time. :biggrin:

Nice long soak in the bath when I got home, now just need to keep the kids entertained until they go to bed before I can get a rest. :ohmy:

Nice to meet all those I didn't know before!

potsy

Rambler
No probs Sharky,was fine going back to stockport + it made it a nice round trip of 60 miles my longest by some distance.
good to meet you all.

Top Bottom