CC Manchester/Cheshire FIXED Ride (or any bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
great ride, nice to put names to (very friendly) faces. i hope my lurker friend is reading this and signs up proper like (yes you tm :o), but chapeau to him for getting up the wizard faster on fixed than i did on gears as we headed back to macc.

can't be arsed washing the bike today, might do it tomorrow once the mud has all gone hard as a result of it sitting indoors near a radiator…

edit: and for those of you disappointed not to see my vintage fixie out, here she is again. this shot was taken before all the chainring bolts decided to come out…

vintage_claud.JPG

Spin City

Über Member
Enjoyed the run out today. It was good to put some faces (and names) to some forum names although I'm finding it difficult to remember the names (and forum names) of everyone I met.

I know I was a bit late getting out of bed this morning but it probably did me good rushing to get to Stockport and then overtaking all of you by taking the A34 to Jodrell Bank.

We were certainly lucky with the weather as there were showers over Sale not too long after we got back.

As I said during the ride those of us riding fixed wheel probably did twice as much cycling as those who were freewheeling most of the way.

When I got back home I was lucky to have been left the remains of last night's Indian meal so I've now had a curry two days on the trot. :smile:

I'm usually a solo cyclist so I thoroughly enjoyed the company today instead of listening to the radio/music that I normally do. (Please don't harangue me for listening to music while I'm out on my bike.)

Lastly, I'll try not to lurk too much.........

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think the list of participants was:

Fossyant (Whose suggestion got the ball rolling) - fixed
Tharg2007 - fixed
A_n_t - geared
John4537 - geared
Potsy - geared
Mike_e - fixed
Miz (I think) - fixed
Alecstilleyedye - geared
Yourself - fixed
and myself - geared

so a 50/50 split on the FIXED (or any bike) ride. :biggrin::biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Nice one chaps - I'll try and make one of these, one day, (it's a bit late for me, I get in trouble with the missus if cycling cuts into the rest of the day too much). I was over having a look at Mow Cop around the time you chaps were meeting, I think.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I think the list of participants was:

Fossyant (Whose suggestion got the ball rolling) - fixed
Tharg2007 - fixed
A_n_t - geared
John4537 - geared
Potsy - geared
Mike_e - fixed
Miz (I think) - fixed
Alecstilleyedye - geared
Yourself - fixed
and myself - geared

so a 50/50 split on the FIXED (or any bike) ride. :biggrin::biggrin:

and he told me he was a lurker. 12 posts is bona fide enough for me. :biggrin:

a_n_t

john4537 said:
ANTs bike looked like it had never been out! almost spotless.

Full guards + riding on the front = clean'ish bike :wacko:

I've been over those cheshire lanes a fair bit in the last few weeks so I knew the amount of crap they're covered in!

Cheers guys, top ride, though it brought my cold/flu out and i'm now off work feeling like sh1t!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The lanes do get full of rubbish this time of year. Some of that's like concrete...still bit's stuck to my bike...

The ride shook out the stiffness from the old legs, left overs from tearing round the track on Tuesday though.

Miz

Thanks to Fossyant for arranging and leading the ride which was most pleasant.:sad:
Thanks also to all for allowing a self confessed lurker to join you.:biggrin:

btw, if I was up to 12 posts, that means this will be my 13th - Arrrgh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, hope bad things don't happen.
At least it's not Friday :tongue:

potsy

Rambler
My bike still looks like it's been off-roading (why did I buy a white one?)
Legs felt heavy this morning but the ride home was surprisingly good,even in the fog.
Thanks to fossy for staying with us towards the end when I was definately flagging,the last few miles home were a real slog.

Top Bottom