England : Greater Manchester CC Manchester Velodrome: 13th April 10am -12pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
aw ta. I do try.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Okay - it's looking busy.

From the responses on here there's 37 people interested. I have taken into account anyone who has indicated a +1.
I'm guessing that the total will drop and places may become available and will give priority to Colly for these as he's expressed interest from outside the forum.
I have more people interested and will see if there's room for those and then will offer any further places via this thread on a first come first served basis.

Hope that sounds fair.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
List of provisional places based on this thread.

Me +1
ianwoodi
Hacienda71
colly +1
400bhp
FrankW
dan_bo +1
fossyant +1
Nick Stone
Lien Sdrawde
Sport Monkey
4F
trio25 +1
dudi
bromptonfb
matthat
mickthemove +1
Andrew_Culture
PaulB +1
Scottish Geek +1
shouldbeinbed
dktd
Mark Ashley
SimonJKH
justkeeppedaling
jonathonWarrington

Last edited:
OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Bike hire is £17.00 (£12.30 concessions).

I will take your size for the bike in advance and will need to give this info a week before the date. Payment should be made on the day at reception to reception.

Shoe hire is £4.80 - I/we don't need to know size beforehand and payment again via reception.

Track hire is £120 per hour and hire of the coach is £30 for first hour, £22 for the second = £292 total.

If there's a full complement of 35 riders this is £8.35 each, less riders = more cost.

I'll collect your money for the track time on the day once we know how it divvies up.

Any more info needed yet? Just ask.

Edited as the shoe hire price was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4F

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
The bit in the safety information where it says "Riders must wear two layers of clothing above the waist (a tee shirt and cycling top are ideal, or two tee shirts)."
You think the top half of bib shorts plus jersey counts as two layers?

U

User33236

Message sent to confirm definite for me and the mrs. (subject to the quota of novices of course:smile: )

Q:re shoes. If you want to use your own; what cleats?

Last edited by a moderator:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The bit in the safety information where it says "Riders must wear two layers of clothing above the waist (a tee shirt and cycling top are ideal, or two tee shirts)."
You think the top half of bib shorts plus jersey counts as two layers?

No. You need two layers, bibs don't count. I'd recommend a long sleeve as well. Even a slow speed tumble burns.

Top Bottom