CC Mini Hilly South london interim ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/herne-hill/648558996529

Ok, Hi everyone, I have finally managed to do this (I think) I have mapped the route on mapmyride.com.

It is on Tuesday the 17th of February,half term you see, start time (to be discussed) but I was thinking of 10.30.

It is a short ride but is fairly hilly, two climb's of 377ft and one of about half that in the middle.

It starts inside the Herne Hill entrance to Brockwell park.Will also be going past the Herne Hill Velodrome, for anyone who would like a quick peek.

I will be factoring in a....shall we say quick refreshment stop in Bromley

and it ends at the Windmill on the common in Clapham where beer can be consumed (familiar to some I know).;)

Because it is short, it should be fairly quick so if any one who would like to come along would like to start earlier (so they are free in the aftrenoon) then that is fine.

I know due to the mid week timing there will probably be a lot of people who can't make it, so for that reason I am not expecting a huge turn out.

Anyone who is up for it is very welcome and will be warmly greeted with ..........................................erm a shake of my hand!;):biggrin:

Cheers.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
It'll be too fast and hilly for me but sounds good - hope you all have fun! Uncle James commented that you go right past where he used to work in Beckenham so feel free to hold up all the road traffic and generally annoy the folks there!

Radius

SHREDDER
I'm in, I'll ask my mate that couldn't make it last time if he wants to go too, then we might at least have 3 riders ;)
Was actually planning a trip to the velodrome with him at some point, but perhaps that's for another occasion!

C'mon guys, you know you want a nice midweek ride ;)

Radius

SHREDDER
I hate hills, f*cking nuisance they are, but still, if I get to go on a ride with other people I suppose I'll have to bear it ;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've cycled with djtheglove before now and watched him disappear off into the distance up hills - I don't want to slow him down too much as I think he's hoping for a bit of a fast ride through the streets (hope I'm not attributing incorrect impressions to him, so sorry dj if I am!)

You know I'm on this three-wheeled monstrosity, don't you Radius?

Radius

SHREDDER
I've watched him disappear into the distance too....behind me (remember that? :o) ;)
Only joking, but I dunno, think it could be fun, and of course we wouldn't leave you behind (well, I don't think we would ;)), I don't think anyone goes that fast up hills really :smile:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
You haven't watched me climb a hill yet! I hasten to add that I am pretty quick on the downhills but have discovered that overall I don't make up more time on the descent than I lose on the ascent.

And the time when djtheglove and I did a ride including a few rolling hills he always, ALWAYS passed me before the top of the incline following a descent. The rotter!

OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Okay, this ride is actualy going to happen, (weather permitting), so it look's like the roll call so far is as follow's;

Me
Radius + friend;)
Auntie Helen
tdr1nka

I have a feeling some people would like to start earlier and some would suit a slightly later start, so we will have to thrash that one out a bit!

One thing that is good, is the fact it's half term so a bit less traffic that week.

any one else feel ready for a ear popping trudge around some of the hillier part's then come along!:biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
..a small and select band but I'm sure it will be fun.

I've voted for a later start as I have a 2 hour drive to get to parking location, plus some travel time from there to the start of the ride, and commuter traffic along the A12 where I'd drive to London is dreadful before 9am. I hope this isn't too much of a problem to the rest of you! Don't know if the afternoon suits anyone more than the morning?

...ear popping :biggrin:

Top Bottom