CC Mini Hilly South london interim ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Wow a trike race!!!!! That's oficial so that I don't have to race User3143!!!!!:blush:

That's quite a group now , so that's good, Roll call,

Me
Auntie Helen
Radius + friend
tdr1nka
User1314
User3143-lets do it again!!!!:laugh:

So between now and Tuesday we have to agree a starting time so, what are thought's on that? 11ish too late for some?

Radius

SHREDDER
Don't mind about time really, and that's quite a little group now, some of those names ring a bell for some reason... :laugh: (apart from Auntie Helen, of course :blush:)

OP
OP
D

DJ

Ok, that's great it's actualy tdr1nka I am more concerned about regards time as he mentioned he has to juggle child care a bit so just hoping it's ok with him.

Defo a couple of bevvies at the end, there is one member of the group who said they would like a stop in the middle too, it's fine with me as it just makes it more fun really so I will find somewhere in Bromley area that is suitable.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Sittingduck, what's work when you have the opportunity to leave me for dead up hills!

Aperitif, can you slip away from the evils of work for a while to help drag me up the Mountains of South London?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Not to worry, Miss tdr1nka is spending the day with a family friend who will spoil her rotten, she'll not notice I've gone.:sad:
Although I do have to say I'd prefer the 11am start so's I don't have to race to get to the start.:tongue:

OP
OP
D

DJ

Sittingduck said:
Have fun on this ride... Personally I'll have to decline as:

1. I'm working :biggrin:
2. As you have seen, I can't do hills!

Have fun
SD

Tell them you are sick of work and you can't come in!:tongue:

Oh but don't then log your days mileage on cyclogs!!!!!!!!!!

Did you buy that roadie you were going to look at SD?:sad:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm really happy with an 11am start, or even later, due to the vagaries of traffic down your part of the world (up here people still use horse & cart for the most part!). Is there anyone for whom an 11am start is too late in the day?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
djtheglove has offered for me to park at his place, which I shall probably do, or failing that some on-road parking near Tdr1nka's so I can cycle in with him. My car satnav should hopefully lead me safely to either location!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shall I come on this ride? Sorely tempting?
Could do the loop, the leave you at Herne Hill and do half the loop again back to Bromley, then could add another 20-30 miles by zooming off into the Kent countryside.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
ianrauk said:
Shall I come on this ride? Sorely tempting?
Could do the loop, the leave you at Herne Hill and do half the loop again back to Bromley, then could add another 20-30 miles by zooming off into the Kent countryside.

Aw, go on! You know you want to.
I'll be on the roadie so there's a fair chance I'll be faster than I was on the weekend.;):blush:

Still got stinky cold btw, I have it as a reserve excuse.:ohmy:

OP
OP
D

DJ

Ok folks here is the latest update on the mini hilly, Start time has been settled at 11am "H" I want you to park as close to the start as poss (just thinking of time saving) so I will PM you details presently. Or if it's easier to stop at Dom's a bit less driving then that's fine.

I went out this afo and reccied some of the Bromley part's I wasn't 100% sure about, found some nice tweeks to the route which I will edit when I have time, did the Hill's and yes I did know I was going uphill:biggrin: on my MTB as well !!!!!!!

Now that I have committed to the Pub in Bromley, I took a look up their and guess what folks it's on top of another hill, There is also a grave yard near by for those who need it!!!!:ohmy:

So the mini hilly is not quite so mini anymore. (Thanks Ian).

Ian please feel free to join us you are a local lad after all!:evil:

Top Bottom