CC Mini Hilly South london interim ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
As I was struggling up a hill on my way home today I had a moment's inspiration as to how you lot can all keep yourselves from getting bored whilst you wait for me to get up the hills. You could turn round, go down them, then go back up them again. We'd probably arrive at the top at the same time as your second ascent and you'd have all got some extra exercise. How does that plan suit y'all ;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
ianrauk said:
Shall I come on this ride? Sorely tempting?
Could do the loop, the leave you at Herne Hill and do half the loop again back to Bromley, then could add another 20-30 miles by zooming off into the Kent countryside.
...yes and we all know why you've decided to come on this ride... ;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Grrrr, would love to come along but work is manic at the moment (although as payment for me working through lunch hours for the past couple of weeks I am having the day off Tomorrow to de-stress :tongue: and the Boss has sanctioned it)

You'll be fine with the hills Auntie H - I think you secretly enjoy them :biggrin:

DJtGlove... RE the road bike: Nah I decided not to buy one....
Building my own instead! Frame arrived Today :biggrin:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=27651

iLB

Hello there
if only i knew the way (even vaguely) to herne hill... is there anyone i can meet enroute to herne hill?

OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Edited map

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/herne-hill/648704140083

couldn't sleep, so edited the route for this ride instead!:smile: It now takes in my tweeks, the detour up to the pub and I have changed it to encompass the same down hill stretch that everyone enjoyed so much on tdr1nka's bleak mid winter ride.

Their is the link above.

Quick roll call;

ME
Radius+friend
Auntie Helen
tdr1nka
User1314
User3143
ilovebikes
dellzegg
Davywalnuts
:eek:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just a thought
Looking at the hill up to the Partridge pub in Bromley (I rode down it this morning).
I think it may be a little to steep, twisty and tight, Especially for the trikes. I can imagine a some irate drivers behind. It may be worth going the longer way round.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
ianrauk said:
Just a thought
Looking at the hill up to the Partridge pub in Bromley (I rode down it this morning).
I think it may be a little to steep, twisty and tight, Especially for the trikes. I can imagine a some irate drivers behind. It may be worth going the longer way round.

Even more miles Ian?:biggrin::smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I may join you(i'm working until 1230) but i'll be starting over an hour behind you, where's this pub in bromley?what road is it on?

OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
ianrauk said:
Just a thought

I rode up and down yesterday and fail to see the problem, I was thinking as Idid it that there is very little traffic on that rd!

It's a lovely little hill, very steep, like Sydenham hill and quite short, however if you would prefer to go up the longer hill on the main rd, then that's fine with me, we can all meet at the Partridge!

I could race you to the beer and pies!:biggrin::biggrin:
Am I bovvered?:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom