CC Relay LeJOG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eurygnomes

I love the idea. And am willing to participate on the nocturnal bit around London if there is one. Or even during the day. Hell, at this point, I'd even sign up for a few days off at some point during August (July is all booked out already) or September, since one of my goals this year was: "cycle a bit outside of London and see some of THIS countryside..." (admittedly, I'd probably not get much more than 150m done in 3 days...)

Two birds, et al....

It's possible that there are people around the country who could help with sections of the route planning - why not leave bits and pieces to the individuals who agree to ride them, and then it's 'merely' a case of coordinating calendars for baton passes (human or otherwise).

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
Points noted.

I think though a sensible route is required to stick to and not meandering too far just to accommodate people's locations. It is a great idea to maybe do a leg where you will get to see some new scenery and take that as a positive instead of hoping the route swings by locally.

We can split the route into three or four sections where geographically some local experience comes into play (for planning reasons). For e.g. I would be useless covering the Scottish legs so an enthusiastic Scotsman would be preferential.

Maybe the sections could be:

1) South West
2) Midlands
3) North
4) Scotland

smile.gif

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
Yes that is true Colin. So thus:

1) South West
2) Midlands
3) North
4) Scotland South

5) Scotland North

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
Lukesdad you are classed as the 'Midlands' as there's plenty of border hopping potential there!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'm amazed to hear that the jersey relays aren't finished. Surely somebody must know where they are?
We gave the/a southern jersey to The Doctor at the end of October, so that's both of them accounted for :thumbsup: Unles it's a different on the the one Tynan has, in which case there's 3 of them accounted for.<BR><BR>Chuffy and I would be happy to ride some of the SW leg...

OP
OP
Garz

Garz

Squat Member
I guess we need to start planning for the proposed leg paths across the country. We don't necessarily have to take the shortest journey but on the flip side won't want to cover additional mileage if it's avoidable.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I quite like the idea of being a human baton! Looking at the CC member map, it would be a long lonely leg in northern Scotland though.

Depending on when it is, I'll be willing to cycle up north. I might not be the most talkative chap ever, but at least you wont be alone!

Just add in the Orkeys and Shetlands and I'll be your man!

Top Bottom