Celebrating Vernon - An invitation: Saturday 7 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For those travelling without bikes, if you'd like one, station cycles now Rutland Cycles or Giant Cycles (depending which branch) still hires out AFAIK but you should check opening times. Cambridge Bike &Go is STILL not operational.

I'm in the process of looking for flights and a hotel: can someone (@User?) let me know which park is the scene for our pie/beer tribute to the great late Vernon, so I'm as near as possible.

I'm planning on arriving Friday evening (details to be confirmed) but if anyone else is around and wants to have a practice drink/eat, I'll be only too happy to participate. :smile:

Sadly I have other commitments on the day, but it's a lovely thought. I shall dig out a pie on the day in commemoration.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have finally found a suitable pie-related avatar:

finbarr pie.jpg

outlash

also available in orange
I'll certainly try and get there. Anyone coming down the East Coast line, a change at Stevenage is doable, and could be better than changing at Peterborough.

Or if anyone wants to ride (and it's a nice little ride) into Cambridge, you could get off at St. Neots and head in from there. It's about 20 miles.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
There's a Travelodge by the rail station about a mile from the city centre ( just over the bridge) with plenty of cycle parking outside too - (that could be different from the one you mean TMN) sorry don't know Cambridge that well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom