Celebrating Vernon - An invitation: Saturday 7 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Or if anyone wants to ride (and it's a nice little ride) into Cambridge, you could get off at St. Neots and head in from there. It's about 20 miles.
Isn't that route basically a busy narrowish A road until you reach Caxton Gibbet and the funny cycle track that terminates in a layby to its north connecting to the old A road?

Fast trains only stop at Peterborough and Stevenage, so if you change onto a slow train at Peterborough, you might as well get off a stop earlier at Huntingdon which is also 20 miles but includes the 12-mile smooth tarmac glory of the former railway (NCR 51).

outlash

also available in orange
Isn't that route basically a busy narrowish A road until you reach Caxton Gibbet and the funny cycle track that terminates in a layby to its north connecting to the old A road?

Fast trains only stop at Peterborough and Stevenage, so if you change onto a slow train at Peterborough, you might as well get off a stop earlier at Huntingdon which is also 20 miles but includes the 12-mile smooth tarmac glory of the former railway (NCR 51).

No, there's a myriad of ways you can get to Cambridge from St. Neots. None of which involve a funny track near a roundabout or a busy A road. You could get off at Huntingdon and jump off there, make your way to St. Ives (ironically on a busy A road) and hit the busway. If it's not flooded.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Cambridge park and ride is brilliant for those visiting ..cheap and efficient.
trying to park in Cambridge centre is horrible..and Very expensive...dont do it.

TVC

@User when do you think you might have some sort of itinery? If there is any way Lu and I could intercept any ride or activity during the day we will drive over, we do have to be on our way back to Leicester by 6pm though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm looking forward to photos... I can't make the day as its a family birthday that day.... But looking forward to the reports of the day and wishing I could be there!

Top Bottom