Celebrities you'd like to go for a pint with

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ian Hislop

ChrisKH

Guru
Greedo said:
I'd like to go with

Noel Gallagher
Eric Cantona
Keifer Sutherland

I'll think of others shortly!

Only if I wanted a fight!

Hmmm. How about Michael Palin. Or Eric Idle.

Ian Botham
Andrew Flintoff
Tom Boonen

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
None - I don't like the cult of the celebrity. I don't think that you can become a celebrity unless you work at it and I don't think that it is an interesting or useful thing to work at.

There are plenty of ordinary people I'd happily go to the pub with. It would also be good to have a chat with talented people who may be well-known but who haven't allowed themselves to be turned into 'celebs'.

I was on a training camp on the Costa Blanca once when Robert Millar was in attendance and I was amused at how many cyclists there were treating him like a celebrity - trying to get him to pose for photographs with them, that kind of thing. He seemed to find the whole thing really tiresome, which is how I think any normal person would feel. I actually would have liked to have had a drink and a chat with RM, but he's not exactly the kind of bloke you ask out to the pub!

A sensible answer would be seriously talented musicians in the calibre of

Phil Collins
Paul Weller
Eric Clapton

They would all have some good stories to tell and if you tire of their conversation, you could ask them to sing a song ;)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
A non serious but true answer would be

Ian Hislop and Paul Merton at the sametime.

Bruce Springsteen.

and Gerry Rafferty only cos he is a recluse.

Oh and Gordon Brown! Is he a celebrity? Cos I would like to learn what he is really like.;)

ColinJ said:
None - I don't like the cult of the celebrity. I don't think that you can become a celebrity unless you work at it and I don't think that it is an interesting or useful thing to work at.

+1. I'm frequently underwhelmed by the whole idea of celebrity. . ;)

Top Bottom