Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
TechMech said:
It was good to meet you all. I had a great day out as well guys and gal :smile: despite the vertical inclines! The downhill section was awesome, and almost made it all worth it.

I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind ;)

I think i'd better shed some pounds stones before even thinking about attempting another ride like that :blush:

satans budgie said:
Another vote of thanks to HJ even if I was to dead in the saddle to chat as he glided up the hills and to Scoosh for his most welcome words of encouragement.

On reflection and IMO I feel that if cycle clubs had the same sense of camaraderie, understanding and empathy as I was shown by the CC group I felt very much part of on Sunday their membership books would be bursting at the seams.

To one and all a heartfelt thanks

;):blush: Got to keep up the reputation of CycleChat as being a friendly place, our rides are about camaraderie not training runs...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hairy Jock said:
:smile::blush: Got to keep up the reputation of CycleChat as being a friendly place, our rides are about camaraderie not training runs...

I'm faster than yoooouooo, I'm faster than yoooouoooo! :smile:

Oh yes, ahem, camaraderie..... as you were...;):biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
I'm faster than yoooouooo, I'm faster than yoooouoooo! :blush:
:tongue: Not so fast, young man :smile: .........
(skillful play on word there)

Given:
I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind :sad:
HJ was clearly not trying to go faster than you/clearly trying not to go faster than you. [smug]

Maybe there's a race coming ......
HJ and Mags .......

OP
OP
M

magnatom

scoosh said:
:tongue: Not so fast, young man :smile: .........
(skillful play on word there)

Given:
HJ was clearly not trying to go faster than you/clearly trying not to go faster than you. [smug]

Maybe there's a race coming ......
HJ and Mags .......

Ok then I might not actually be faster, but at least I was the best looking....:sad:

Tetedelacourse

Techmech I too have been in that boat - we probably all have if we're honest - but I hope that you wont give the next meet a second thought about not turning up, you contributed equally to the success of the day as everyone else did.

To be fair, the first 10km of that ride were outrageously difficult to a newcomer/ anyone who hasn't spent a lot of time in the saddle in the recent past. No slant on HlaB's route given that no-one else came up with a better suggestion, myself included, but something we should bear in mind for next time.

Thanks also to Satans Budgie for the maps - it gave us all something to look at while the beautiful one fannied about looking for his mobile for 10 minutes :tongue:

Tetedelacourse said:
Techmech I too have been in that boat - we probably all have if we're honest - but I hope that you wont give the next meet a second thought about not turning up, you contributed equally to the success of the day as everyone else did.

To be fair, the first 10km of that ride were outrageously difficult to a newcomer/ anyone who hasn't spent a lot of time in the saddle in the recent past. No slant on HlaB's route given that no-one else came up with a better suggestion, myself included, but something we should bear in mind for next time.

Thanks also to Satans Budgie for the maps - it gave us all something to look at while the beautiful one fannied about looking for his mobile for 10 minutes :tongue:
I'll let you into a secret I never came up with the route, another poster did that; I can't take the credit for it, I only mapped it :blush:

ACS

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Thanks also to Satans Budgie for the maps - it gave us all something to look at while the beautiful one fannied about looking for his mobile for 10 minutes :thumbsup:

Happy to be the 'map-man' and route cards if required, after all year 11 geography do need to fine tune their route planning, navigation and terrain interpretation skills! :blush:

TechMech

Tetedelacourse said:

Cheers mate :biggrin: I can see by the posts on here that no one was really put out by having to wait on me (and of course my guide and mentor HJ) making up the next section of the hill. I was a wee bit embrassed about my fitness level though (or lack of it), i really misjudged that tbh. Anyway, there's time between now and the next ride to get some decent training in :huh:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
TechMech said:
Cheers mate :sad: I can see by the posts on here that no one was really put out by having to wait on me (and of course my guide and mentor HJ) making up the next section of the hill. I was a wee bit embrassed about my fitness level though (or lack of it), i really misjudged that tbh. Anyway, there's time between now and the next ride to get some decent training in :girl:

How long have you been on the bike, TechMech ? Your level will come up - it just takes a wee while. I think I need to join you with the weight loss - I was 16st 01 tonight, which is a shocker as I was just about to drop below 15 before Christmas. I need to stop snacking after dinner !!!

Oh for the days when I was 12 stone max :bicycle:

ACS

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
How long have you been on the bike, TechMech ? Your level will come up - it just takes a wee while. I think I need to join you with the weight loss - I was 16st 01 tonight, which is a shocker as I was just about to drop below 15 before Christmas. I need to stop snacking after dinner !!!

Oh for the days when I was 12 stone max :sad:

Could this be the start of the Central Scotland Cycle Chat Weight Watchers club? :smile:

15 stone looking for 12 asap.

TechMech

goo_mason said:

Oh for the days when I was 12 stone max :biggrin:

Well i'm 6ft 4in and at the start of December i was 18st 7lbs. Since we started back at work in January i've been doing a 2.5 mile walk every lunch time i can. Then when i got the bike, i was out three weekends in a row on an 11mile round trip in Perth, before the BIG ride last Sunday. As of Wednesday morning in now sitting at 17st 9lbs, which is only a couple of pound from my first target.

Now that it's light again in the evening i'm going to get out even more, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, which is what i used to do 6/7 years ago when i was only 16st something. I'll get there, it'll just take time. It's much easier putting it on eh :wahhey:

Top Bottom