Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
More progress ... nearly there, fingers crossed ...:hyper:

Just a thought, we could keep the costs down further if we do a bit of self catering in the hostels, unless everybody wants to go out for dinner every night? A giant sized pasta bag (with special pasta for @Ellebells :thumbsup:) or a medium size couscous bag would feed quite a few hungry cyclists :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:one evening. If I'm coming along, I'd be happy to do the cooking one evening ... anyway, just an idea.

There appears to be a village shop in Port Charlotte (Mon- Sat), according to the webpage (click on the Facilities & Information tab). At Lochranza, basics such as milk can be bought from a wee shop at the campsite (no proper village store anymore :sad:). The hostel apparently also sells some staples (tins & frozen pizza), according to this webpage. The nearest bigger shop is at Brodick, so anything special would need to be carried up/down hill :tongue:.

EDIT: On the Port C webpage, click through to the last photo ... that beach looks amazing :smile:

T

Last edited:

Ellebells

Cooking no problem for me! Never mind the cous cous, will bring along a bag (or 2 ^_^) of crushed wheat, much tastier, only need boiled kettle water to cook :hungry:

Crushed wheat @Pat "5mph" ?! That would crush me :eek: :laugh:

I don't mind self-catering either if I can get my hands on some eggs/fish/salad - don't do pasta of any description @Telemark I'm afraid :smile:. I'm sure there will be somewhere to eat out if I'm stuck though.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Crushed wheat @Pat "5mph" ?! That would crush me :eek: :laugh:

I don't mind self-catering either if I can get my hands on some eggs/fish/salad - don't do pasta of any description @Telemark I'm afraid :smile:. I'm sure there will be somewhere to eat out if I'm stuck though.

Can I assume from your indications it's ok to add you to my "confirmed" list?

DOH! Just read you comment on the other thread - ignore me! Good news though :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
More progress ... nearly there, fingers crossed ...:hyper:

Just a thought, we could keep the costs down further if we do a bit of self catering in the hostels, unless everybody wants to go out for dinner every night? A giant sized pasta bag (with special pasta for @Ellebells :thumbsup:) or a medium size couscous bag would feed quite a few hungry cyclists :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:one evening. If I'm coming along, I'd be happy to do the cooking one evening ... anyway, just an idea.

There appears to be a village shop in Port Charlotte (Mon- Sat), according to the webpage (click on the Facilities & Information tab). At Lochranza, basics such as milk can be bought from a wee shop at the campsite (no proper village store anymore :sad:). The hostel apparently also sells some staples (tins & frozen pizza), according to this webpage. The nearest bigger shop is at Brodick, so anything special would need to be carried up/down hill :tongue:.

EDIT: On the Port C webpage, click through to the last photo ... that beach looks amazing :smile:

T

Self catering sounds like fun, and I'm sure between us we can figure out something to suit everyone! Nice one ;)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
We are now a fellowship of 6 happy souls, if anyone else who indicated their interest here and still wants to join us please add you name to the other thread. Many thanks, Mark :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
@Fubar I am going to respectfully withdraw. Thinking it through lugging stuff around with me, my light sleeping and fussy food habits don't seem well suited to this excursion.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar I am going to respectfully withdraw. Thinking it through lugging stuff around with me, my light sleeping and fussy food habits don't seem well suited to this excursion.

Fair enough, if you change your mind you know where I am - thanks for letting me know.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Please can the following who expressed interest but are yet to commit respectfully let me know their intentions:

@Edwardoka (and @Gee_Dee ???)
@Scoosh
@GlasgowFinn (I know you have job issues so assuming you're not in at present)
@ShooglyDougie (I know you have child-about-to-be-born issues and this is probably the furthest from your mind!!!)
and (last but by no means least) @Harry_Palmer79 (I know you have broken face issues but they should be healed by August ;))

As the numbers reduce I doubt we will have problems getting a booking this early so if you think you want to go but need more time let me know. Many thanks one and all! Kind regards, Mark

Please can the following who expressed interest but are yet to commit respectfully let me know their intentions:

@Edwardoka (and @Gee_Dee ???)
Assuming that a twin room is available at both locations, I can confirm that we're happy to commit to the weekend of the 15th August but I shan't do it respectfully :thumbsup:

No offence chaps, but I don't think I'd survive sleeping in a dorm without one of you smothering me in my sleep. (It's safe to say that I snore! :mrpig:)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Assuming that a twin room is available at both locations, I can confirm that we're happy to commit to the weekend of the 15th August but I shan't do it respectfully :thumbsup:

No offence chaps, but I don't think I'd survive sleeping in a dorm without one of you smothering me in my sleep. (It's safe to say that I snore! :mrpig:)

Twin room shouldn't be a problem from the email I've received, hoping to book next week once I know what everyone is doing.

Top Bottom