Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Mark, I'm working my notice at the moment so I can't commit.

I'd love to come though so am happy to chance it once I know what my options are regarding leave at my new place.

Once again, chapeau for organising this.

No worries, I kind-of assumed that was the case - keep tabs on the thread and be great if you can make it! Regards, Mark

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
You're so gay
Planning a tour of the borders to toughen me up :smile: I need to pay u a visit for those magnets

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Assuming that a twin room is available at both locations, I can confirm that we're happy to commit to the weekend of the 15th August but I shan't do it respectfully :thumbsup:

No offence chaps, but I don't think I'd survive sleeping in a dorm without one of you smothering me in my sleep. (It's safe to say that I snore! :mrpig:)

Poor @Gee_Dee, sainthood beckons...:angel:

What I should have said when mentioning self-catering, I wouldn't want anybody to feel obliged to join in, just as an offer to those who want to. If we can get some nice local produce on Islay (sounds like there are quite a few places to explore :hungry::hungry::hungry:), we can do all sorts of exciting stuff, and still lots cheaper than going out, especially if pennies need to be saved for 'moving out', or new bikes and other such essentials ;). The hostel kitchens are normally quite well equipped.
The bag of pasta was just the bargain basement example that came to my mind first. @Louch, if you change your mind, nobody will mind if you do your own thing if you are not inclined towards what's on offer xx( (disclaimer: smilie NOT signifying the quality of the food provided, but possibly @Louch's thoughts about it :tongue:).

T

MikeW-71

Veteran
I do like my pasta :smile:

One fave is a kind of "pasta fry-up" which is red onion, bacon, mushrooms (chopped sausage in there too if you want) fried up together, then add pasta/rice and stir in an egg to finish... mmmmmm

Or bolognese sauce, add creme fraiche and grated cheese, add cooked pasta, pop in baking tray, cover with more cheese and bake 20 mins... :hungry:

Or fry diced chicken with onions and mushroomsthen add condensed chicken soup to make home-made carbonara for pasta/spaghetti.

Not making you hungry am I??

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I do like my pasta :smile:

One fave is a kind of "pasta fry-up" which is red onion, bacon, mushrooms (chopped sausage in there too if you want) fried up together, then add pasta/rice and stir in an egg to finish... mmmmmm

Or bolognese sauce, add creme fraiche and grated cheese, add cooked pasta, pop in baking tray, cover with more cheese and bake 20 mins... :hungry:

Or fry diced chicken with onions and mushroomsthen add condensed chicken soup to make home-made carbonara for pasta/spaghetti.

Not making you hungry am I??

So do I (like my pasta, that is)! Endless variations on a theme :mrpig: ... and perfect cyclists' food, all those lovely carbs to keep the legs turning over :hungry:!
Probably not a bad choice for Lochranza, where local shopping opportunities seem a bit lacking in general, and the sauce sans pasta might also be tempting as a side dish for @Ellebells if we use lots of vegetables and other nice things ... improvise to our hearts' content ... or go and eat out if we can't find anything. Port C. definitely seems to be a better place for shopping :thumbsup:.

Not hungry :tongue:, have just eaten an enormous bowl of pumpkin soup with home-grown pumpkin, carted home from the allotment by bike of course :bicycle:.

T

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
New bikes here, have ordered a sensor to go on it, which comes with the garmin magnet, but would prefer matching your streamline look .so more of a want than a need, so just when you are free let me know

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
New bikes here, have ordered a sensor to go on it, which comes with the garmin magnet, but would prefer matching your streamline look .so more of a want than a need, so just when you are free let me know
Am heading over to dales cycles tomorrow after work, i should be in anytime after 5..text me me when you finish work and i`ll give you them

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Bike shopping, you lucky man.it's been two days since I did that

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
So do I (like my pasta, that is)! Endless variations on a theme :mrpig: ... and perfect cyclists' food, all those lovely carbs to keep the legs turning over :hungry:!
Probably not a bad choice for Lochranza, where local shopping opportunities seem a bit lacking in general, and the sauce sans pasta might also be tempting as a side dish for @Ellebells if we use lots of vegetables and other nice things ... improvise to our hearts' content ... or go and eat out if we can't find anything. Port C. definitely seems to be a better place for shopping :thumbsup:.

Not hungry :tongue:, have just eaten an enormous bowl of pumpkin soup with home-grown pumpkin, carted home from the allotment by bike of course :bicycle:.

T

All this food talk is making me hungry! For me the self catering option sounds great, I imagine limited choices means that restaurants/hotels might take visitors for "granted". If your cooking is as good as your baking. @Telemark we're in for a treat! @MikeW-71 sounds pretty handy as well, who's carrying the wok??

Top Bottom