Chris Froome Sports Life Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Valentino Rossi? Attention seeking publicity whore.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Valentino Rossi? Attention seeking publicity whore.
When a fella who has raced against Mike 'the bike' Hailwood, Phil Read, Giacomo Agostini, Jarno Saarinen, Kenny Roberts and Barry Sheene (amongst numerous others) describes Valli as the 'Greatest Of All Time' I tend to agree with him (Steve 'stavros' Parrish)

I think Dave Brailsford may look like a complete cock when he's trying to think and double-check what he's going to say for bad meanings before he says it. A consequence of being burned once too often for saying what he really thinks during the Froome-Wiggins tugs of war?

David is well known for this and long before Froome-Wiggins episode. He is noted to hide in the team bus, hotel, etc to avoid journalists when something goes wrong. Not like when some people will avoid journalist in good and bad times. When the incident with Froome happened, David disappeared from the scene and nowhere to be seen by the team. Very unusual for a man that accomplished so much for country and the sport. Sky brought in their top PR man and it did no good. There is also the issue of proclaiming that he would not touch anyone involved with Doping and not doing due diligence and ending up with 2 key people that were deep in it. There is an element of naivety about David.

Put him a room by himself and he comes out the more innovative approach to tackle an issue.

When a fella who has raced against Mike 'the bike' Hailwood, Phil Read, Giacomo Agostini, Jarno Saarinen, Kenny Roberts and Barry Sheene (amongst numerous others) describes Valli as the 'Greatest Of All Time' I tend to agree with him (Steve 'stavros' Parrish)
I didnt say he was a bad rider, I just said he is a publicity seeking attention whore.

Watched it last night

Next weeks is apparently, about Paula Radcliffe (a junior cross-country prodigy, before she turned to the Marathon)

There's no correlation between charisma and sporting prowess and I'd have thought considering the dedication it takes to get to the top of any sport nowadays finding someone up at the peak who isn't a nobber one way or another is a bit special.
Guy Martin?
(both sadly missed) Richard Burns & Colin McRae?

I've always liked the laddie and since watching the programme I think I like him more. His mam will be proud am sure.

Don't think I will be trying his training technique of applying the brakes when climbing hills, I know I would fall off.

Top Bottom