Chunal and Cheshire bash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BinBag

I'm gutted I missed it. If there's another one going, let me know so I can make sure it's not my girlfriends birthday. As luck would have it as well, my amp clipped out after 30 mins - embarrassing!

400bhp

Guru
Glad you enjoyed it. Nice day for cycling, I ended up doing 95 miles.

If another one is organised I'll hopefully be able to make it. I do have a few good rides programmed in to the Garmin now. :smile:

Well we came up for one of your rides and it was good to meet up with some forum names, I've no doubt we will make another at some point. What I don't get is with so many thousands of forum members, how few actually want to enjoy the company of others on their bikes??? Sounds like you had a good route - but 6, just 6 people came to ride, I am as they say, gobsmacked.
Take a look on the fixed & ss thread, I'm aiming to run one soon so anybody interested in coming to Rutland?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What I don't get is with so many thousands of forum members, how few actually want to enjoy the company of others on their bikes??? Sounds like you had a good route - but 6, just 6 people came to ride, I am as they say, gobsmacked.
I organise quite a few forum rides every year. Sometimes I get up to 8 or 9 riders but usually it is more like 2-5. 

I'm doing a forum ride on Saturday and the numbers are going to be pretty small. People are just so busy these days, it is hard to find a date/time that suits everybody. Some people can find time for a 2-3 hour ride but they have partners, children and sometimes jobs that demand their attention at weekends so a full day can be difficult for them.

I'm sure that forum members would like to do more rides, it's just a case of finding the time!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I suspect one or two may have been put off because it was a little lumpy, and we had a few drop outs due to circumstances beyond their control. :thumbsup: A cracking ride nevertheless.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I forgot all about it, I took my lad to a party in the morning and remembered on the way back when I saw lots of riders enjoying the bright but cold morning. After that I went to the pub and stuffed my face with roast dinner and got sloshed on ale. Sorry!!

Top Bottom