Clarkson Suspended...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 3581423, member: 45"]3 pages in and it's all been about whether he's funny and entertaining or not, and nothing about his behaviour.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]
So they should be speculating on what might or might not have happened?

Everyone already has a world view on this that they want confirmed. No mere fact or discussion will change that.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
personally i cannot stand period/costume dramas but i don't complain like a NIMBY about them

You have drams in your back yard?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE 3581481, member: 45"]No, I was just making an observation.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that reality check.
Absolutely disgusting that he punched the lights out of that cameraman, and I don't mind saying so.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Like him or loathe him, you've got to give the guy credit for speaking his mind, whether you agree or not with his views. So many celebs these days are so worried about being politically correct that they are boring, including all politicians. We are supposed to be in a country with free speech, but as we all know, it is only free speech as long as it doesn't upset anybody. Most of the people in the UK are just a bunch of sheep. Top Gear without Clarkson would not be the same I think.

If it was anyone else there would be fears for their mental safety. Someone who pushes and pushes and pushes his employers to sack him, makes remarks that are sexist, racist, mocking handicapped people, and now allegedly punches his colleague. It's self-destructive behaviour similar to that found in drug addicts and alcoholics, which of course JC isn't.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Clarkson has spent the last couple of years pushing harder and harder, testing the hypothesis that £150m a year in overseas sales makes him untouchable. I guess we're about to find out whether he's right. If I had to put money on it, I think I'd bet that the voices at the top which have been insisting 'Come on, we have to draw the line somewhere' have finally won the day. But who knows? Maybe yet another 'final' grovelling apology will save his big money fat ass yet again.

Like him or loathe him, you've got to give the guy credit for speaking his mind, whether you agree or not with his views. So many celebs these days are so worried about being politically correct that they are boring, including all politicians. We are supposed to be in a country with free speech, but as we all know, it is only free speech as long as it doesn't upset anybody. Most of the people in the UK are just a bunch of sheep. Top Gear without Clarkson would not be the same I think.

This whole affair is down to you and JC's fanboys. It's like the bullfighter urged on to take wilder risks by the crowd. JC's done everything he can think of to keep you entertained, he's insulted muslims and gays and when none of that worked he slapped his colleague, knowing he was already on a final warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

brand

[QUOTE 3581481, member: 45"]No, I was just making an observation.[/QUOTE]That people should be speculating.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Clarkson has spent the last couple of years pushing harder and harder, testing the hypothesis that £150m a year in overseas sales makes him untouchable. I guess we're about to find out whether he's right. If I had to put money on it, I think I'd bet that the voices at the top which have been insisting 'Come on, we have to draw the line somewhere' have finally won the day. But who knows? Maybe yet another 'final' grovelling apology will save his big money fat ass yet again.
So, whining and fawning versus a final warning. Which will win?

Big decision for the BBC, which has a clear responsibility to protect its staff and also a need to earn its own money.

Top Bottom