Clarkson Suspended...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Fair enough.

TVC

The problem is that it is such a big money earner the BBC can't contemplate laying it to rest and can't afford to risk a bunch of unknowns* stepping in, so they have no choice but to employ a high profile lead.

*Admit it, we were all a bit anti May when he started until we worked out he was into Scalextric and Action Man.

Levo-Lon

Guru
On the plus side the younger viewers will love the new Me Me Me...Chris Evans Show..as we have created a Me Me Me society...

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I only watched Top Gear on and off but I think the Clarkson style appealed to a certain group of grumpy old men. I think Clarkson's years in motoring journalism fed the sardonic, seen-it-all outlook. Chris Evans, like him or loathe him, brings positivity and enthusiasm to the stuff he does. I think the new show will be more "up" than the old one. Whether that turns Top Gear fans off remains to be seen.

Clarkson and his team were a bunch of clowns that did little in the way of ordinary motoring but at least they had guts. I really hope I am wrong but I think Evans is a clown who will do as he is told, his program will probably not relate in any way to the ordinary motorist but will have a lot to do silly Clarkson type pranks.

albion

Guru
Who was the guy I vaguely recall who played the Richard Hammond role for Chris Evans on maybe breakfast TV ?

It never quite worked in that Evans looking more bully than Clarkson, who himself compensated by looking a fool in equal measure.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
How much is Chris Evans paying the BBC for the opportunity to play with his eye-wateringly expensive toys?

At least now we know TG won't be even attempting to have any journalistic input or balance....

Top Bottom