Clarkson Suspended...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Radio 3... ...quiet isn't it.

For me there's definitely been a couple of public Chris Evans, I think the period leading up to his Billie Piper marriage just saw his ego rising and rising with his behaviour and big 'I am' attitude getting progressively worse. That sort of show off / do what I say behaviour never endears people to me and he went from someone I found a bit annoying, to someone I wouldn't give air time to. Post the whole marriage debacle it feels like he has got a bit more balanced and he does come across as a different person, someone who has had life justifiably kick him in the teeth but been fortunate enough that it was in a way that he could turn it around and come out the other end. I still don't seek out his stuff, but I'll not turn it straight off because he's on any more.

Equally, we used to watch Top Gear, then PVR Top Gear and fill dead time with it and then around 3 seasons or so we just stopped bothering. It had all got a bit samey, the challenges were just stunts and you could see all the planning for the accidental mishaps shining through. At least the earlier stuff felt like you'd actually got some real reactions to personal stupidity going on. I agree with the comments, they got formulaic and lazy. It'll be interesting to see who they have and what they do. It's been entertainment rather than education for most of its second life so I doubt it's suddenly going to get intelligent and insightful, but if they can keep some of the mood pieces with excellent camera work and not be too silly. I'll probably give it a watch and we might even start regular viewing again, who knows.

How much is Chris Evans paying the BBC for the opportunity to play with his eye-wateringly expensive toys?

At least now we know TG won't be even attempting to have any journalistic input or balance....

Maybe he'll do a Hammond, but won't walk away...!

albion

Guru
He is semi announcing a lucrative deal elsewhere. He will get to keep more of the millions generated too Yet we will never know if this was his agenda all along

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
"He added: “I hope Chris enjoys running what, for the next couple of weeks, is the world's biggest car show.”"

Mei-ow!

albion

Guru
The £12 million Clarkson got selling his, now worthless, production company share to the BBC is just chicken feed.
www.businessinsider.com/jeremy-clarkson-and-former-top-gear-co-hosts-have-signed-a-deal-with-amazon-2015-7

So, the rumour is that the Amazon deal is for $250 million making me even more convnced now that the whole sacking thing was planned.
All those press releases were !

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 3828547, member: 259"]Well if I'd not come to the conclusion that Amazon Prime is a waste of good money by now...[/QUOTE]

its £6 a month..you get cd' s deliverd and free to return..tons of good shows for free..
id say the 150 odd to bbcis the real rip off and now they need to find a big earner..CE wont do it ..

try Amazon ,you can switch it off too

Drago

Legendary Member
I dumped Amazon Prime about a year ago because the range and quality of programming nosedived at about the same time Netflix suddenly improved. The presence of a fat ignorant g it and his coat carriers isn't enough to make me go back.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 3829157, member: 43827"]I hope that BBC can improve the format of the show with Evans in charge, but I suspect it'll just be an updated version of the same.

Wilman will have to come up with a better format for the new show as the old one was so stale, stuck in the same time warp appealing to overgrown school kids driving Fiestas with big exhausts wishing they had the money to buy something better.[/QUOTE]
Whatever - if Evans is in charge I for one will be elsewhere xx(

Top Bottom