Clarkson Suspended...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3582122, member: 9609"]if he punched another bloke (i think it's being denied) , why didn't the other bloke punch him back ? - have you seen clarkson recently ! - i would be too embarrassed to say he'd managed to punch me.[/QUOTE]
Agreed: I am the wrong side of 70 but if I let him hit me then the family would disown me.

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
Clarkson is no fool.He's been deliberately pushing his luck lately, hoping he'd get the sack so he could go elsewhere and try something new. He'd prefer the show to go out with a bang rather than endure the humiliation of falling ratings ,which is what would happen if Top Gear went on for much longer.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3582122, member: 9609"]if he punched another bloke (i think it's being denied) , why didn't the other bloke punch him back ? - have you seen clarkson recently ! - i would be too embarrassed to say he'd managed to punch me.[/QUOTE]
funny-gif-little-kids-fighting-karate.gif

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Umm...if he gets sacked...and it looks like he will get sacked...and he probably does deserve to get sacked if it's true...which it probably is...he still actually owns a very large portion of the production company which make Top Gear...so he'll get a massive payout to buy him out or they will drop the show completely...or they wil carry on with a new presenter and he will still make lots of money...then Channel 5, Channel 4 or ITV will pay him even more money to take him on for a new show of their own...which will look remarkably like Top Gear...doesn't matter which way it falls...he will win...I like the show though...ho hum...

brand

[QUOTE 3581090, member: 9609"]but he is a very funny total arse - I'm going to threaten the beeb with withdrawl of my licence fee if they don't reinstate him immediately[/QUOTE]

And I will threatening to withhold my license fee if they do re-instate him.
I am thinking of paying mine so I have an option!

contadino

Veteran

Yes, the way to prevent fighting is to encourage brawling. That's like the gun lobby in the US suggesting the way to stop school shootings is to arm teachers.

I reckon a bit of aggro, followed by the classic 'hold me back, hold me back' type threats and a bit shoving. Not acceptable, but people do argue and it sometimes gets heated.
The contract is due for renewal soon and I believe a previous 'misdemeanour' occurred near contract renewal time before (ooh - conspiracy theory)

Chris Evans to replace him. Petrolhead, lots of media experience and personality. Previous form on controversy. Shoe-in.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Chris Evans to replace him. Petrolhead, lots of media experience and personality. Previous form on controversy. Shoe-in
Chris Evans is a very interesting suggestion. He's quite a lot like a younger Clarkson, could probably appeal to much the same demographic, has a genuinely lively and humorous personality, and is as you say a bona fide petrolhead. And being that much younger, he achieves all that without being a homophobe with a deep-rooted contempt for women and a conviction that racist epithets are just a bit of harmless 'can't you take a joke?' banter. You'd have to replace the other two too - the current team are very much 'a package'; but other things being equal, Evans would make a very plausible candidate for the JC 'Head Boy' role.

brand

Yes, the way to prevent fighting is to encourage brawling. That's like the gun lobby in the US suggesting the way to stop school shootings is to arm teachers.
Oh my god what pathetic statement, linking punching someone (alleged) with mass murders at schools in the US. Get a life.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Chris Evans is a very interesting suggestion. He's quite a lot like a younger Clarkson, could probably appeal to much the same demographic, has a genuinely lively and humorous personality, and is as you say a bona fide petrolhead. And being that much younger, he achieves all that without being a homophobe with a deep-rooted contempt for women and a conviction that racist epithets are just a bit of harmless 'can't you take a joke?' banter. You'd have to replace the other two too - the current team are very much 'a package'; but other things being equal, Evans would make a very plausible candidate for the JC 'Head Boy' role.
Stewart Lee would likely be interested.

U

User482

It would depend on the circumstances that led to the assault (and I use that word in the technical sense rather than the emotive). To assume an assault should automatically lead to dismissal would potentially breach employment law.

That said, Clarkson is an obnoxious nobber.

I haven't assumed anything. I said "should expect" rather than "will".

Top Bottom