coastal women

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Why is it that women who live around the coasts of britain are very short? They are all so short and yet their male cohorts are normal.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a darwinian evolvement in order to stop vikings pillaging them because they wouldn't produce massive violent viking babies.

gavintc

Guru
Abitrary said:
Why is it that women who live around the coasts of britain are very short? They are all so short and yet their male cohorts are normal.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a darwinian evolvement in order to stop vikings pillaging them because they wouldn't produce massive violent viking babies.

On the juice early tonight ? - it is only just gone 10 pm.

bonj2

ARe you sure they are actually shorter or do they just *look* shorter?
this could be the case as it is often windy on the coast, and the natural tendency is to stoop when walking into a strong wind, so they may have developed a natural hunched over posture from walking into a headwind.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Abitrary said:

The evidence for this astounding discovery is.........?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Perhaps they wear flatter shoes near the coast? Making any progress on foot on a boat lurching in high waves, could be tricky in high heels, and on those steep staircases, the ones you go down backwards.

And, if they venture into a submarine, high heels would be at best, a pain in the neck,and at worst, a threat to the structual integrity of said vessel.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

bonj said:
ARe you sure they are actually shorter or do they just *look* shorter?
this could be the case as it is often windy on the coast, and the natural tendency is to stoop when walking into a strong wind, so they may have developed a natural hunched over posture from walking into a headwind.

They just look shorter. I see what you mean about not getting blown over though. Now I think of it, maybe the men are actually taller, but skinnier, so they don't get blown over. But look normal from a distance, consequently.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Anyway......define "very short".

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

gavintc said:
On the juice early tonight ? - it is only just gone 10 pm.

Yes, I have started early at 10pm. I was going to wait till 11pm like most civilised people but I thought, hey, life is too short.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
About 1.8 feet shorter than the tatooed moustachioed rough types they knock around with on the coast.

It's just that the blokes are huge. The women are tall but not huge. 8 foot tall is not uncommon for most blokes near the sea.

Top Bottom