Commonwealth Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I keep seeing snippets of information that is getting me interested, this morning or on the news they showed the ? Sri Lanka cycle team with a map trying to ride around Glasgow, and on twitter they had another team on the M74!

Doseone

Guru
I'm really looking forward to it, especially the judo.

It does strike me as the "International Friendly" of games tournaments though, you know, the one where a lot of the big players pull out at the last minute with a "hamstring injury".

screenman

Legendary Member
Not good enough to compete against the best? Don't worry, here's a competition where you'll all get a chance, we've sorted it, we don't let all the good ones in..Why? Well, because they were the strong ones who wouldn't let us in to rule them you see...or kicked us out. Yah boo US and Russia! Up yours China!

I think there may be an Olympic or world champion or two competing.

I got as far as watching her arrive before I remembered an urgent programme I needed to watch. In fairness I've not watched many/any Commonwealth opening ceremonies before.

AndyRM

XOXO
Wasn't a fan at all of the opening ceremony. Seemed like someone had watched the London one and had a shot using kids, tinfoil and sellotape.

John Barrowman's dodgy accent can get tae, as can Rod Stewart. And whoever decided that slowed down version of 500 Miles was a good idea wants shooting.

Karen Dunbar was awright, though she did have her 'I smell sh!te' expression on for most of the time.

I'd have gone for Irvine Welsh, John Niven, Frankie Boyle, Limmy and Kevin Bridges having a chat over that pish.

Top Bottom