Commonwealth Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Have watched a few bits here and there but there seems to be a lack of professional sports/tv presenters, so instead they have roped in a 1 braincell someone who used to be on Blue Peter and has no idea what she is doing, and some bloke who has no braincell and absolutely no idea what he is doing. They both seem to think they are on kids TV and need to shout, wave their arms, and keep repeating themselves.

Another highlight of the games, the medal ceremony girls, all of the ones I've seen so far have been exceptionally pleasing on the eye. The guys are looking fairly dapper too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Have watched a few bits here and there but there seems to be a lack of professional sports/tv presenters, so instead they have roped in a 1 braincell someone who used to be on Blue Peter and has no idea what she is doing, and some bloke who has no braincell and absolutely no idea what he is doing. They both seem to think they are on kids TV and need to shout, wave their arms, and keep repeating themselves.
I've been watching the other blue peter presenter lots doing the gym commentating, (and he did do gym though I'm not sure to what level), and his knowledge is better than mine. I've watched various different bits over the past two weeks and enjoyed it.

I've been watching the other blue peter presenter lots doing the gym commentating, (and he did do gym though I'm not sure to what level), and his knowledge is better than mine.

He is the most annoying over-enthusiastic nobber of the lot tho.
I'm imagining he'd get excited about taking a pint of milk form the fridge and finding out it was cold.

Better excitement than a continuous drone!

You sure? ;) Imagine living with the idiot... "I'm off for a crap, it's gonna be huuuuggeee!" "Boil me an egg, I LOVE EGGS" "This is the most comfortable sofa EVER!" "That looks like a HUUUGGGEEE spade that you are just about to smack off my face"

I've been at a few events. Triathlon in Strathclyde Park - huge crowds and a great atmosphere. Mens gymnastics - brilliant event to see live. Athletics at Hampden - great atmosphere but got a bit chilly. Cycling time trial - massive spectacle. Hockey yesterday morning - great match between England
and New Zealand. Also looking forward to watching the athletics on TV this evening.
Glasgow has been absolutely buzzing and I think it's been a great advert for the city.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I must admit it's made me think about visiting it to explore it, previously I've just passed through on an A road or motorway!

I have watched a few bits on the tv: mainly the cycling.

What hacks me off is that the BBC keeps putting on montage type pieces, as though all the backroom staff want to be Spielberg for the day, and we have to sit through loads and loads of this drivel, when we could be watching more actual sport.

Oh, and the victory laps that take about as long as a 5000 metre race, cos of all the slfies, hugs and autographs that have to be dished out.

And as for tonight's message about "Boltcam 2 hours", well I am lost for words at how crass it is.

And breathe......

Top Bottom