Commonwealth Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Apart from cycling-missed the entire event-deliberately.The same holds true for any Olympics/Leather Bag Kicking since about 1980.

The Bolt countdown thingy is so disrespectful to all the other athletes.

Yes, typical suck-up BBC. Shockingly awful.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well run JAMAICA! (The women as well as the men).

jm.gif

Last edited:
Bolt dancing to The Proclaimers, a great run from England. :smile::smile::smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Note to self, must learn the words of Jerusalem
And did those feet wheels in ancient time
Walk Ride upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb SRAM of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land

(I reckon there'll be a cycling version completed before the end of the London100. Rumour has it that Billy Blake rode from London to Felpham one Friday night under a full moon.)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ach well, that's it almost over. I never thought I would say this, but I will quite miss the circus when it leaves town. I don't live in Glasgow, but since it's less than an hour away in the train, I have been up there for a few visits while the games were on.
The buzz in Glasgow was amazing. There was a brilliant atmosphere with all the different nationalities present, and the unusually good weather (for the first week) helping matters. Haste ye back!

Ganymede

Veteran
Ach well, that's it almost over. I never thought I would say this, but I will quite miss the circus when it leaves town. I don't live in Glasgow, but since it's less than an hour away in the train, I have been up there for a few visits while the games were on.
The buzz in Glasgow was amazing. There was a brilliant atmosphere with all the different nationalities present, and the unusually good weather (for the first week) helping matters. Haste ye back!
I was working near Charing Cross in London when the Olympics were on. I was waiting for chaotic hell but it was great - fab atmosphere, friendly faces everywhere, everyone chatting to each other and smiling. Thought I was in a different city for a minute!

Top Bottom