Compact chainset 50 34

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Depends on how tall she is, but good point Colin
My ex is 5' 10" so she would probably be fine, but I have a very keen female cyclist friend who is a tiny 5' 1" and she probably wouldn't be!

Mind you, I can barely tell the difference between the 170 mm cranks on one bike I rode a lot and the 175 mm ones on the bikes that I ride now.

Babytiger is only 5' 0 and she uses 175s, so long as the seatpost will drop another 10mm they should be fine for a small person.

Enigma2008

Über Member
Am I correct in deducing that your mechanic has changed your cassette and that you've sold the 50/34 chainset that came on the bike? If that's correct changing the length of the crank ain't going to do anything for you at all. Shorter cranks for shorter legs allow faster cadence, less pedal pressure, higher heart rates, less leg fatigue. Longer cranks for longer legs allow slower cadence more pedal pressure, lower heart rate more muscular fatigue.
I think you need to just get out and ride, train more effectively and with purpose. The rest is just chucking money about.

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Am I correct in deducing that your mechanic has changed your cassette and that you've sold the 50/34 chainset that came on the bike? If that's correct changing the length of the crank ain't going to do anything for you at all. Shorter cranks for shorter legs allow faster cadence, less pedal pressure, higher heart rates, less leg fatigue. Longer cranks for longer legs allow slower cadence more pedal pressure, lower heart rate more muscular fatigue.
I think you need to just get out and ride, train more effectively and with purpose. The rest is just chucking money about.

Thanks

Top Bottom