Compact chainset 50 34

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB2210

Looking for a good priced compact chainset for a Giant TCR road bike. Would appreciate any offers.

Hazel :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes but it's a racing block and I struggle to get up some hills and is putting me off cycling a bit
Ask him if if he means the bit which the pedals attach to or the bit at the back of the bike on the rear wheel :smile:

Or ask him to get one for you from a shop?

Kbrook

Veteran
Suspect that with him mentioning compact, she probably has a standard double and with racing block being mentioned probably a 11-23 or similar. The cheapest solution is just to change the rear cassette to something like 12-30 , that will get you up pretty much anything even if it is a double up front.

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Suspect that with him mentioning compact, she probably has a standard double and with racing block being mentioned probably a 11-23 or similar. The cheapest solution is just to change the rear cassette to something like 12-30 , that will get you up pretty much anything even if it is a double up front.

That's more or less it "..

OP
OP
HB2210

HB2210

Are you sure you are asking for a chainset and not a cassette on the rear wheel, most older riders call the cassette a block (as in block of gears)

This is a cassette Hazel, the item I have for sale is a chainset
cassette_10spd_zps5cdf69e7.jpg

Yes it's definitely a chainset, he changed the cassette but I really thought the difference was minimal !!

Top Bottom