Company response about dangerous driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
And that image effectively demonstrates WHY other tour operators have switched to a driver & announcer team instead of a single staff member. I do hope he actually stops when pointing out things of interest.
Apparently not. He just points and talks, not necessarily looking at the road. Terrified the life out of a visiting friend. So worried were they that they went to the council about him. He looks around at his passengers while driving/still moving.

Apparently not. He just points and talks, not necessarily looking at the road. Terrified the life out of a visiting friend. So worried were they that they went to the council about him. He looks around at his passengers while driving/still moving.

There must be some form of licensing in place.

Write a polite letter to the Council, explaining your concerns about his driving, the attitude in hiss reply and the fact that there are multiple concerns about his driving

In the meanwhile a reply to him showing that reality in the form of reviews and complaints shows that he is lying in his claims and failing to address his poor driving will result in a formal complaint.

gavintc

Guru
Might be worth informing the traffic commissioner about his attitude. I sat the CPC for Road Haulage a couple of years ago and can remember from my exam, the importance of the Traffic Commissioner in the regulation of road transport. I know this is passenger transport not road haulage, but many of the over riding principles are the same. I think, but am not certain, that there is also a requirement to have a clean record before holding a licence to operate. Admittedly, he may 'just be a driver' but his actions will impact on the 'operator' of the business. Complaining through the Traffic Commissioner will ensure that the 'operator' is informed.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

It's a one-man-band. Mr Agombar is the owner, driver, guide and sender of batshit crazy emails. I used to live in East London, I'm used to crazy drivers, but I didn't go to the cops till I got that email, which made me 14% more mad by reading.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Once had a conversation with an ex workmate about the triangular cycle sign. They thought it meant "cycles prohibited"... Took some convincing!
LOL.... what did they think the other 'red triangles' meant...

80px-UK_traffic_sign_7001.svg.png

roadworks prohibited (or umbrellas!)?

80px-UK_traffic_sign_510.svg.png

roundabouts prohibited?

80px-UK_traffic_sign_544.svg.png

crossing the road prohibited?

80px-UK_traffic_sign_559.svg.png

landslides prohibited?

80px-UK_traffic_sign_558.svg.png

no fly zone?

or the teacher's dream sign...

nasuwt_001830.jpg

children prohibited!

Reminds me of a conversation with a PCSO about a "Cyclists Dismount"

Fool pointed it out and asked me what it was.

The reply of " An advisory sign designated by the DfT as Diagram 966"

A conversation ensued, over him insisting it was a legal requirement to obey the sign

966.jpg

So pointed out all the cars going past this one:

parking-logo.png

... and not a single one had parked

What was he going to do about this flagrant breach and I did not want to delay him whilst he directed all these vehicles into the car park

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

"A well known Norwich tour operator, who for years ran a sight-seeing tour of the city, is wanted by police after he failed to appear in court having been charged with motoring and assault offences.

Frederick Agombar, 67, of The Denes, Norwich, had been charged with two motoring offences and one count of assault, and was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday.
But Agombar, who ran the Sight Seeing Tour of Olde Norwich and could regularly be seen driving around the city in his cream coloured vehicle, did not attend the hearing.
A spokesman for the court confirmed a warrant has been issued for his arrest but Agombar still remains at large.
The defendant, who was not at his address yesterday, has been charged with three offences, including driving the Freight Rover Sherpa used on the tours of the city “without reasonable consideration” to others.
In the first offence he is alleged to have driven a Morris car on Koblenz Avenue in Norwich when he exceeded the 30mph limit. He was caught by a speed camera travelling at 35mph at just before 6am on March 13 this year.
The second offence, driving without reasonable consideration, is said to have happened on June 6 this year when he was driving his Freight Rover Sherpa between Bethel Street Police Station and the top of Gaol Hill in Norwich.
And the third offence, an allegation of common assault, is said to have happened on November 1 this year.
The Sight Seeing Tour of Olde Norwich website states it has ceased trading and that the business up for sale.
Anyone interested is urged to email for enquiries.

Agombar has, in the past, been critical of transport schemes in the city. In June this year he said the banning of cars from St Stephens Street and part of Surrey Street as well as controversial changes to Chapel Field North that will see the road made two-way – both part of the £1.7m Transport for Norwich scheme, would lead to “absolute chaos”.
He presented a petition to the Norwich highways agency committee in June.
He criticised the council for doing the work “at the busiest time of the year in the tourist industry”.
But Agombar also campaigned for the installation of a blue plaque commemorating the Orford Cellar, a city venue which hosted some of the most famous names in music, including Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie and Rod Stewart.
Speaking in March 2010 when it was unveiled, the former Orford Cellar regular said: “I’m delighted. Getting that plaque up has been a pre-occupation of mine for the last 25 years.
“The Orford was like The Cavern for East Anglia. Groups always used to come here first and they would often try out a new name or a new line-up before they went on tour.
“On my sightseeing tours I always ask if anyone likes 60s music and they always say ‘yes’. They’re always very interested when I tell them about the place and now I can point out the plaque.”

Top Bottom