Confronting a motorist- is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
To add my 2 coppers. I almost got hit yesterday cycling home by a driver emerging from a side road coming into stopped traffic, when I said to "watch out" he got quite mouthy calling me a little c*nt. Now I try and shrug most things off but this I couldn't so I cycled after him shouting all the while to get out of the car, he quickly tried to speed off to get away. (Love rush hour traffic) I caught him up quickly and smacked his car yet still he kept his mouth shut and raced off when he got the chance.

I know I'll probably get shot down for this response but I don't take kindly to people being agressive to me when they've almost taken me off my bike and since they showed no remorse or concern I would have no qualms "educating" them.

I can be the same,Especially if they endanger me,like Addiscum Lee did.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I nearly got skittled by a motorbike today, surely he / she should know better :sad:

Got close to being squished by a lorry yesterday - realised what was happening and slowed down to safely escape. Sent the video to the company this morning asking for them to "have a word". Explained I'm not after causing trouble and that I understood people make mistakes (me included) all the time. Could they just stress to the driver the importance of leaving adequate room for more vulnerable road users. Got a really nice letter back from the director of the company. Result as far as I'm concerned.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had a bit of a result confronting an articulated stone waggon this morning.

Day off, so grabbed a quick 30 miles after dropping the kids of at school. Final climb home up Otterspool (Marple Romiley area of Stockport).

The only problem with this road during the day is that it is a rat run for stone and cement trucks on their way from the Peaks to the motorway.

Most of the way up, past the narrow part of the climb, already been passed well be a couple of wagons, and another comes past close. Problem with that, his back end cuts in. I swore under my own breath and fortunately dived into a side road, almost running into a car waiting to pull out. Driver of the car looked a little shocked. Anyway carried on, and the driver is stuck in traffic.

Pull up below cab and rattle my knuckles hard on his door. Winds down window. I shouted up 'that was way to close what do you think you were doing ?', driver 'hey it was nothing like too close' , me 'you almost forced me into the side of the car back there' him, 'oh sorry mate', me 'that's just bad driving mate'.

Seemed he only realised when presented with actual evidence. Anyway left it at that and pulled in front of him in the queue.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Had a bit of a result confronting an articulated stone waggon this morning.

Day off, so grabbed a quick 30 miles after dropping the kids of at school. Final climb home up Otterspool (Marple Romiley area of Stockport).

The only problem with this road during the day is that it is a rat run for stone and cement trucks on their way from the Peaks to the motorway.

Most of the way up, past the narrow part of the climb, already been passed well be a couple of wagons, and another comes past close. Problem with that, his back end cuts in. I swore under my own breath and fortunately dived into a side road, almost running into a car waiting to pull out. Driver of the car looked a little shocked. Anyway carried on, and the driver is stuck in traffic.

Pull up below cab and rattle my knuckles hard on his door. Winds down window. I shouted up 'that was way to close what do you think you were doing ?', driver 'hey it was nothing like too close' , me 'you almost forced me into the side of the car back there' him, 'oh sorry mate', me 'that's just bad driving mate'.

Seemed he only realised when presented with actual evidence. Anyway left it at that and pulled in front of him in the queue.
I had an absolutely insanely close pass by a bus on an uphill bit. I was on my MTB at the time and heading to ALDI to return a pump (it broke).
I was really shocked by how close he actually got to me. Everyone else seemed okay to overtake. Unfortunately I wasnt able to catch up, otherwise I would have really had a go at him.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCenQaGMN94&feature=g-upl

Top Bottom