Controversial but true

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This just popped up on my Facebook, ironic or what.

Just heard that Yorkshire is the most British place in the country..official.
Per head of population Yorkshire comes out on top of people of Anglo saxon decent.
Where else than gods own county

Appreciate you've just pasted that but does it mean that you're somehow less "British" if you have a British passport but aren't of Anglo Saxon descent?

What muppet wrote that?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When I hear the word Yorkshire, I think of Captain Boycott and this:

View: https://youtu.be/6VLYpKGVBUg

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
upload_2016-7-29_11-24-35.jpeg

As all true born Yorkshire folk know ...

You know when you go out for a bit of exercise and the strangest thoughts enter your head? Just the other day I was out for a wee run and I thought "I haven't seen any posts from those inadequate Yorkshire lot proclaiming that they are better than everyone else for a while"...

rugby bloke

Veteran
You know when you go out for a bit of exercise and the strangest thoughts enter your head? Just the other day I was out for a wee run and I thought "I haven't seen any posts from those inadequate Yorkshire lot proclaiming that they are better than everyone else for a while"...
In that case I'm glad to be of service ... very obliging, us Yorkshire folk.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Appreciate you've just pasted that but does it mean that you're somehow less "British" if you have a British passport but aren't of Anglo Saxon descent?

What muppet wrote that?

Quite - Anglo Saxon types are from Germany and such; the clue's in the name as any fule no !

The remaining true British are now called Welsh, Scots and Irish (OK, maybe some Cornish too).
Send all these Saxon immigrants back to Germany I say

Yeah because the Scotch never do that. We even let you have a vote a couple of years ago as to whether you're good enough and you voted no.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's said Yorkshire men can tend towards meanness and some say they can be like an Aberdonian with the generosity squeezed out.

I will hastily add I don't nessecarily subscribe to this view.

Top Bottom