Cragg Vale Loop Sunday 21st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goodspeed

Might join you tomorrow if my back's up to it. and if the weather's ok.
Colin, what time will you be setting off from HB? I quite fancy the ride onto Littleborough and back. Just hope it's ok over Cockhill! to get there!:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
goodspeed said:
Might join you tomorrow if my back's up to it. and if the weather's ok.
Colin, what time will you be setting off from HB? I quite fancy the ride onto Littleborough and back. Just hope it's ok over Cockhill! to get there!;)
Sounds good - I could meet you in St. George's square at about 09:50. Taking our time we'd be getting to Littleborough around 10:30 which is just about the time the others should be coming through. If conditions put me off, I'll send you a text to let you know. If conditions (or your bad back) put you off, send me a text to let me know.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
it's half five and i've been up most of the night with what is now a recurring patella agony. i'm tired and don't want to risk the hills. it doesn't hurt as much when cycling but 50 miles with the way it feels is too much. i'm out. it's really windy up here and about 4 degrees cel. enjoy. i don't think i'll be on any more cc rides now as my big commute starts soon.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, it was good to get a little ride in. Unfortunately, dan_bo'd had a rush of cotton wool to the head before setting off this morning - he'd brought the family car keys with him. His missus had just phoned him to demand them back when we met up with him!

We said a quick hello to each other and had a chat as we accompanied him back to Littleborough where we went our separate ways again.

Martin and I could really feel the lack of miles in our legs on the climb to Blackstone Edge.

It were a bit nippy oop there!

martin-blackstone-edge-feb-28-2010.jpg

I got seriously chilled by the bitter northerly headwind on the descent and abandoned the idea I'd had of riding up the climb to Cock Hill with Martin on his way home.

Nice to meet you dan_bo - come along on another ride soon, but leave the keys at home next time unless you drive over with your bike! :tongue:

Martin - as expected, neither of us remembered that you'd put your cap in my bag. If you have an afternoon free sometime, I could ride over to Oxenhope to give it you back and perhaps we could ride round to Coldwell for lunch? (Closed Mondays and Tuesdays)

goodspeed

Nice ride today Colin. I'm just about thawing out :tongue:. 35 miles feels more like 70. Hit a bit of a snowy blizzard over the tops but nothing too severe, got home just in time!
No worries about the hat; but i'll definately take you up on the Coldwell cafe ride at some point.
Nice to meet you Dan, there'll be plenty more rides for you to join us on, hopefully a bit warmer.:laugh:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
just been out for a short 15 mile circular around crown point, very slow as i didn't want to push my knee too hard. when i got to the top of crown point it was freezing and windy, i was thinking i was lucky i wasn't up where you were today. i bet it was freezing!! and windy.

Crimmey

hey, saw you guys just before the lights at Littleborough. Dan looked at me but not sure if you recognised me :smile: I was going in the opposite direction with a few others who were wearing blue and yellow.

Top Bottom