Cruel or simple neglect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Horse has been tethered in the centre of a football pitch all this week.
There is no shade or shelter. And up until today I'd seen no sign of any water. Now there's a five gallon drum with the top cut off. Which might have some water in it.

Council owned pitch, but they're not interested. And the RSPCA no longer deal with such situations.

ScotiaLass

Guru

screenman

Legendary Member
Horse has been tethered in the centre of a football pitch all this week.
There is no shade or shelter. And up until today I'd seen no sign of any water. Now there's a five gallon drum with the top cut off. Which might have some water in it.

Council owned pitch, but they're not interested. And the RSPCA no longer deal with such situations.

What do the RSPCA do nowadays except collect money, from my personal experience they are a disgrace.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I would take the horse some water at the very least. Maybe leave a note on the tether saying that the horse has been reported to the RSPCA and WHF and maybe even the police. It might spur the owner into a bit of action, or to at least move the horse so that it can get into the shade.

stephec

Legendary Member
I would take the horse some water at the very least. Maybe leave a note on the tether saying that the horse has been reported to the RSPCA and WHF and maybe even the police. It might spur the owner into a bit of action, or to at least move the horse so that it can get into the shade.
It'd be nice if that did happen, but they might just lock it away somewhere out of sight if they think someone's watching them.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Roughly where the circle is. The outer "ring" visible is where people are walking. Picture is out of date but gives an idea of what the area is like, open ground.
Site.JPG

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What do the RSPCA do nowadays except collect money, from my personal experience they are a disgrace.

I phoned them up a few years ago about someone who was mistreating a rabbit. The automated calls went on for ages until someone finally answered to tell me that it wasn't worth them coming out. I set the rabbit free from its misery and handed it to a woman i know who takes in rabbits and hares. The RSPCA are there to make money and pose for the cameras,no wonder animal rights groups have little faith in them!

Top Bottom