Cryptic clues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hehe, I was wondering of anyone would spot the TT, or the muse for that matter. Well done.
I only got it by working backwards. E for east, then TT for race but had no idea that Clio was a muse until I searched with my friend Google.

OP
OP
Motobecane

Motobecane

Guru
Still unsolved I think. Not a cycling clue. Come on @RichardB, I know you can do it. ^_^ It happens to be my favourite food!

Stein and French egg producer in wrangle to get seafood. (6,6)

RichardB

Slightly retro
Well, I can't make any of the obvious answers fit, so all I can come up with is:
Native Oyster
but I can't see how that relates to the clue. So basically, you have us stumped!

RichardB

Slightly retro
OK, have another (cycling-related, nice and easy):

Means of keeping the pressure up scared her somewhat. (9)

Last edited:

RichardB

Slightly retro
Has this thread died? Salty propane shaken up. (10,2)

OP
OP
Motobecane

Motobecane

Guru
Well, I can't make any of the obvious answers fit, so all I can come up with is:
Native Oyster
but I can't see how that relates to the clue. So basically, you have us stumped!
Correct! Its probably not really following cryptic clue rules! Its an anagram of Stein, and French = et and ovary.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Correct! Its probably not really following cryptic clue rules! Its an anagram of Stein, and French = et and ovary.

Argh! 'And French' = 'et' - how did I miss that one? Nicely done.

I don't know how to do the spoiler, apparently so.

Correct, well done. Type the word spoiler in square brackets, then your text, then /spoiler in square brackets.

OP
OP
Motobecane

Motobecane

Guru
I don't know how to do the spoiler, apparently so.
...or you can click on the icon in your message toolbar - the one that looks like a page of text (to the left of the camera icon). Choose SPOILER from drop dowm menu and then click continue (you don't need to add a title unless you want to). Then type your answer between the two 'SPOILER' words.

Top Bottom