cx frame. large

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiriyama

Looking to build up a cx bike. I don't have the spare cash to just buy a new bike so thought I'd make a project out of it. If I start now it might be finished by winter. Thought I would check here if anyone's got an old frame or any parts knocking about.

It's more for training and commuting when the weather is too awful for my road bike. No plans to race it.

cheers - Tom

vickster

Legendary Member
@Mike! Did use a Forme CX as a donor bike, don't know if he has the frame still, nor if a 54cm will be big enough (how large is large?)

Original ad https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/withdrawn-forme-calver-cx-sport-54cm-medium.182627/

OP
OP
kiriyama

kiriyama

54cm would fit me . I did see that bike for sale bit couldn't justify the £550 all at once (currently doing up the house and my otherhalf would kill me!) Although it's a bargain and can't believe no one else bought it! Might be interested in parts if he's started breaking it up though...

vickster

Legendary Member
54cm would fit me . I did see that bike for sale bit couldn't justify the £550 all at once (currently doing up the house and my otherhalf would kill me!) Although it's a bargain and can't believe no one else bought it! Might be interested in parts if he's started breaking it up though...
He has already broken it I believe

Mike!

Guru
thanks @vickster

Yes @kiriyama I have stripped it down to parts and have used the shifters, chain & cassette for my new build which is still in progress so i still have;

The frame & forks with BB, chainset, front mech, seat post, seat, bars and stem attached.

The wheels fitted with tyres etc, brakes and rear mech have been removed but are still available.

I'm open to a deal if you want part / all etc just end me a message and see if we can work something out

User269

You're welcome to my 54cm Raleigh Royal (reynolds 531ST), complete bike, festering outdoors and needing some tlc. PM me if you want more details. Collection from near Weymouth, Dorset.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm a bit confused as to how a 54 cm bike could be seen as 'large' ... :wacko:

I would have called it 'medium' and heading towards 'small'!
Yes that was my point. I guess 54cm is quite large for most female riders though...except I think the OP is a he

OP
OP
kiriyama

kiriyama

Agreed its more of a medium. To be honest 54 is the smallest in the range of frames I could fit. As the bike I want to build wont get used for long rides it's still a decent option!

Top Bottom